STATE PRESCHOOL REGISTRATION
2019-2020 School Year
The Coronado Unified School District is pleased to offer State Preschool at Crown and Silver Strand Elementary School.
Packets are available now and must be submitted with all required documents. Spaces are available until full.
State Preschool Program
Qualifications are based on family size and income. The half-day program is available to families who are at or under the income ceilings established by the California Department of Education.
School Dates & Times: August 22nd – June 11th, Monday - Friday, 8:15 a.m. - 11:15 a.m. or 12:05 p.m. – 3:05 p.m.
State Preschool Qualifications
- Age: Children must be 3 to 4 years of age on or before August 22, 2019 and not eligible for Traditional Kindergarten.
- Immunization: Child must have 3-Polio, 4-DPT, 1-HIB, 3-HepB, 1 Varicella, and 1 MMR (given after 1st birthday).
- Residency: Proof of address (lease, utility bills, etc.)
- Income Eligible: Family income must fall within the State guidelines.
- Priority: Family income eligibility and children who will attend Kindergarten the following year.
- Toilet Use: All children are required to be potty trained for enrollment in the program.
State Preschool Application Process
Families may apply for the program by presenting the required documentation to the Crown or Silver Strand School office. If you have any questions, please contact the preschool registrar, Lisa Alonso at (619) 522-6085 or by email, email@example.com.
- Pick-up an enrollment packet, complete forms, and return with all the required documents:
- Child’s birth or baptismal certificate.
- Birth or baptismal certificate for all dependent children (Military Page 2 is also accepted)
- Child’s immunization record (Signed/stamped by a physician or other medical professional)
- Family’s current proof of income for all employed parents/guardians:
- Military LES statement
- Pay Stubs (most recent month of income)
- CalWorks documentation (copy of your Notice of Action)
- If Self-Employed, current Profit & Loss statement
- Any Disability, Unemployment, or Social Security Benefits
- Any other income (financial aid, child support, etc.)
- Two documents to prove residence (See back of Affidavit Verification of Residency for acceptable documents)
- Submit completed packet to Silver Strand Elementary School office. Incomplete packets will not be accepted.
- Families will be notified of admission by phone/email at which time a final registration appointment will be scheduled.
Once the program has full enrollment, all other families will be placed on an eligibility list and will be contacted when space becomes available.
Preschool Lic. # 376600237; 376600635