Making Center Updates
Updated Friday, April 7th- 9:30 AM
Due to the closure of 2 West 13th Street our shops are working at limited capacity. We are working hard to ensure the Making Center is supporting the curriculum in the best way possible in this unfortunate circumstances. We appreciate your support, flexibility and patience during this period. This page is updated regularly.
Process for reclaiming personal items and work from
2 West 13th St.
2 West 13th 1st floor and above:
Building L (2 West 13th Street) will remain closed until further notice due to current work happening.
2 West 13th Print Shop and Wet Shop access
These areas are currently off limits due to construction underway.
Relocation updates or alternative services provided
2 West 13th St / L0
- Ceramics classes have been moved to Wedge Ceramics Studio in Brooklyn. The studio has scheduled open task time supported by Parsons technicians. Check Wedge Ceramics Calendar for operation hours. The studio has limited kiln support. Contact Nathan Carter (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Adriel Tong (email@example.com) for access details.
- Casting and mold making: limited support is provided at E4 (25 East 13th St) open work area section during regular shop hours starting April 10th. Available equipment: air filtration units, casting materials, hand tools, and buckets
- Casting materials and supplies are available for pick up at E4 material shop and tool checkout (purchase through “Making Center” Shop)
- For classes desiring plaster/mold making support in the E4 area, please coordinate with Nathan Carter (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Andrea Distefano (email@example.com) to avoid overlapping.
- No kiln support is available on campus at the moment.
- Students requiring additional support for their ceramic work, please fill out this form to help us understand your needs and provide support when possible.
- The New School is currently working on the solution to retrieve student work located in the wet shop. Please check back for the updates.
- Printmaking processes have been relocated to offsite locations. Please contact your faculty members for updates on location and class schedule.
Still Picture & Motion Capture Studio:
- Offline until further notice
2 West 13th St / L2
3D Printing Lab:
- 66 5th Ave Lower Level, Room N005
- Currently available printers and scanners are:
- Currently unavailable until further notice:
- Objet Connex,
- 66 5th Ave 2nd Floor, N2 West End
- All Bernina sewing machines have been relocated to UC518 Sewing Specialty studio.
- Any late tools that were left behind during the evacuation on April 2d will not counted towards “Late Checkout”. Holds will not be placed on students accounts.
- 63 5th Avenue 5th Floor, UC518
- L2 silver reed machines have been relocated.
- Open task time remains // 1-5pm, Mon, Wed, Tue, Fri.
- Shima seiki is currently unavailable until further notice.
2 West 13th St / L3
Material Store is operating at limited capacity.
- 25 E 13th Street, 4th floor Tool Checkout
- Wood and Metal Supplies
- Casting Supply
- 66 5th Ave 2nd Floor, N2 West End
- Machine Knitting Supplies
- Sustainable Systems Kits
- Electronic components
- 63 5th Avenue 5th Floor, UC 518
- Limited fabrics and sewing supplies are available for pick up during office hours only:
- Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Refund Request” if you purchased material, but haven’t been able to pick it up.
- E4 Material Store WILL NOT honor any MC Store Receipts. Please submit a refund request and purchase materials directly from E4 shop.
2 West 13th St / L3 CNC Shop
- Alternate location: 25 E 13th Street, 2nd floor E2 CNC Shop
- This is a drop off service only.
- Additional staff hours have been dedicated to cutting files, and open hours have been extended. See website for details
- The Casting Room is currently offline until further notice.
2 West 13th St / L4 Cintiq Lab, Dragon Frames & Animation Studio:
- Alternate Location: 66 5th Avenue 5th Floor, N5
- Will be accommodating in limited capacity.
2 West 13th St / L9
- Shoemaking Studio: UC 411
- We are still working on relocating the sander/grinder. Will update with new location when we have more news.
- Weaving Studio & Dye Lab: Pending relocation and optional off-site work locations
2 West 13th St / L10 Graphics Lab:
- The Risographs and Vinyl Cutter are relocated to 66 5th Ave, Room N005 form 12pm- 5:30pm weekdays and 12-5pm on weekends.
- The Inkjet printer, Plotters, laser printers and book making tools are relocated to 6 East 16th Street- 6th floor Innovation Center. Hours of operation:
10am - 5pm from Monday to Thursday
12pm - 6pm on Friday
12pm - 5pm on Weekends
- Embroidery machine are available at 66 5th Ave, N2 from 12pm-6pm on weekdays. The equipment is reservation only. Please contact email@example.com for appointments. Jonathan embroidery is available to finish urgent embroidery projects.
- The UV printer is unavailable until further notice.
- The sticker printer is relocated to 66 5th Ave, N2
- IMPORTANT: All Graphics Lab Checkouts should be returned to the ERC, Basement of 66 5th Ave, until further notice.
- Additional Large Format Flatbed Scanners are located at:
- 6 E 16th St: lab workstations D707-01 through 03, D1131-01
- 6 E 16th St: Innovation Center D6 Lab area
- 25 E 13th St: Parsons East lab workstations E208A-14, E300A-01
- Arnhold Hall 8th fl lab workstations i802-10,11,13,14,16,23,24,31,32,33,43
- Slide Scanners are located at: Arnhold Hall (55 West 13th St.) 8th Floor Lab.
- Additional Plotters & Photo Printers can be found in the Open Print Lab, 5th floor of 66 5th Ave, in addition to at the IT Technology Labs.
Original location and hours being maintained
66 5th Ave locations will remain in full service w/ some alterations based on additional needs from 2 West 13th St. overflow.
- N2 Wood Shop and Open work area
- N2 Tool Checkout
- Sanding Room - currently power is out- working to get restored
- Hot Wire Room
- Photo Studios* Limited capacity due to relocation of Animation studio/floor accommodations
- E4 Wood and Metal Shops
- E4 Material Shop and Tool Checkout
- Laser Lab