Find a Participant:
STUDY NAME: FLYBITE
ESTIMATED TIME PARTICIPANTS REQUIRED FOR: 3 weeks from start of study (not including screening and focus group), 5 x visits, will vary in time requirement from 30 mins to 2.5 hours (most visits will be short).
NUMBER OF PARTICIPANTS NEEDED: 12 participants
REWARD FOR PARTICIPANTS: £295
DEADLINE OF PARTICIPATION: 22nd November 2019
SHORT DESCRIPTION OF PROJECT: The Department of Biology are looking for volunteers aged 18-65 to take part in a sand fly biting study. The results of the study will help in the development and testing of vaccines for leishmaniasis, a disease which affects the skin. Volunteers will be reimbursed for their time and expenses
LINK TO MORE INFORMATION: https://leishchallenge.org/
STUDY NAME: Communication matters: Supervision interaction in British higher education
ESTIMATED TIME PARTICIPANTS REQUIRED FOR:
the length of the supervision meeting hour(s)
NUMBER OF PARTICIPANTS NEEDED:
20 (10 Chinese+10 home students)
REWARD FOR PARTICIPANTS:
£20 amazon prize draw+free proof reading service for once
DEADLINE OF PARTICIPATION: ongoing
SHORT DESCRIPTION OF PROJECT:
Language and cultural background can largely influence the way we communicate, including communication in supervision system. The Overseas Student Scholarship awarded PhD project aims to study the supervision interaction between students and supervisors, and particularly how this pedagogical practice operates in an inter-cultural setting. Therefore, Chinese students and home students are both recruited for this research. Importantly, the participation would contribute to our understandings on:
• the communicative issues emerging from the meetings,
• the cultural difference in students that gives rise to miscommunication,
• the recurrent practices student use to indicate trouble and how to recognise them, so that we could make this communication more effective and thereby improve the supervision experience for both the students and the staff, given the increasing number of international students coming to study in York.
The participation will involve taking video-recording of supervision meeting:
1. Permission will be requested from both the student and the staff by the researcher, who would be willing to take part in this project;
2. The recording can be paused or stopped any time as the participants want;
3. The analysis will not concern the content or subjects in the meeting but the actions and structure emerge from the talk, i.e. the participants do not need to worry about any being examined personally;
4. The data will be kept confidential. The participants are entitled to decide whether or not their data may be shown on conferences and used for future research.
For more information, please don't hesitate to get in touch via email@example.com or Facebook Zhiying Jian.
STUDY NAME: Personality and Video Game Behaviour
ESTIMATED TIME PARTICIPANTS REQUIRED FOR: 1hr lab study
NUMBER OF PARTICIPANTS NEEDED: 60
REWARD FOR PARTICIPANTS: Prize draw for £50 Amazon voucher
DEADLINE OF PARTICIPATION: 20 November 2019
SHORT DESCRIPTION OF PROJECT: This is study looks at how our personality affects the way we behave in video games. Participants are required to complete a screening phase (~12 minutes) and may be invited to return for the lab study. The lab study will take place at the Department of Computer Science @ Hes East and involves playing a commercial video game in a team. It will be fun! Participants will be given chocolates as thanks and entered into the prize draw.
LINK TO MORE INFORMATION: http://tinyurl.com/videogamesandpersonality
STUDY NAME: Dominance judgment
ESTIMATED TIME PARTICIPANTS REQUIRED FOR: no longer than 20 minutes
NUMBER OF PARTICIPANTS NEEDED: 10
REWARD FOR PARTICIPANTS: £3 cash
DEADLINE OF PARTICIPATION: 8 November 2019
SHORT DESCRIPTION OF PROJECT: I'm recruiting participants for my experiment which be running at the face lab in the Psychology Department. This project was approved by the Department of Psychology Ethics Committee on 17.10.19.
This is a short and simple computer-based task in which you respond to faces shown on the screen. The study is designed to explore the factors that influence dominance judgments.
Face images will be presented on the screen, one at a time (10 seconds). You will be asked to rate each face for dominance using a 9-point scale.
We are recruiting male Caucasian participants who grew up in UK or European countries and between 18-35 years.
LINK TO MORE INFORMATION: Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
STUDY NAME: UoY Interactive Mapping Application
ESTIMATED TIME PARTICIPANTS REQUIRED FOR: 5-10mins for online Survey (anonymous). 15-30mins for interview.
NUMBER OF PARTICIPANTS NEEDED: 40+
REWARD FOR PARTICIPANTS: Delicious Chocolate and our gratitude.
DEADLINE OF PARTICIPATION: Friday 22nd November 19
SHORT DESCRIPTION OF PROJECT:
- Ever find it hard to find your classroom? Wish there was an app to tell you where your classroom is?
- We are collecting user requirements data in order to find out how people navigate from room to room on the University of York (UoY) campus. This is in order to design an interactive mapping application that will assist people in navigating their way around the UoY campus.
- This is part of our open group assessment for the User Centred Design (UCDE) course as part of our Masters’ qualification.
- You need to be a postgraduate or undergraduate student at the University of York to take part.
- Survey is online and anonymous, just have to meet to sign consent form.
- Interview - flexible, to be agreed upon with participant.
LINK TO MORE INFORMATION: Please contact George email@example.com, Fatima firstname.lastname@example.org, Pengyu email@example.com or Xizi firstname.lastname@example.org to take part. Thanks.
Want your study to feature here?
Fill in the Google Form above!