Library Information

1. How to check out a piece of music

Step 1: Take a sticker from your sheet and place it on the top right corner of the music.

Step 2: If time is given during class for you to complete the form, proceed to step 4.

Step 3: At the end of class, take a picture of the sticker you used and the piece of music you stuck it on so that you can fill out the form at a later time.

Step 4: Go to and navigate to the Library page.

Step 5: From the library page, navigate to the check out form for your class specifically.

Step 6: Fill out the form by inputting your first and last name, the title of the piece, and the sticker code.

2. Late Policy

3. Frequently Asked Questions

Q: I was absent on a day that my class got music. What do I do?

A: When you return to class, find a librarian at the beginning of class and let them know that you need music. They will provide you with a copy and you will have until midnight that night to complete your form for full credit.

Q: What do I do if I lost / ran out of stickers?

A: If you have lost or run out of stickers, notify your class librarian. Your class librarian will get a new sheet of stickers to you as soon as possible. In the meantime, be sure to write your name on your music. You must still fill out forms. For the sticker code, just write “lost my stickers” or “ran out of stickers”.

Q: Do I still need to fill out a form if I didn’t receive a piece of music?

A: Yes, you still need to fill out a form. When asked “Did you receive a copy?” choose “No”. Then, answer the next question to let your librarians know whether or not you need a copy of the piece of music.

Q: What do I do if I lost my music?

A: Talk to your librarian about what music you lost. Your librarian will supply you with a second copy of the piece(s) you lost. Be aware that you will have to pay a fine for the piece(s) you lost.

Q: How much is the fine for lost or damaged music?

A: $5

Q: What constitutes damaged music?

A: Damage to music includes the use of pen, missing pages, heavy liquid damage, and substantial tears or rips. As a general rule for liquid damage or tears and rips: if the damage is so extensive that the music cannot easily be reused, the piece will likely be counted as damaged and you will be subject to a fine.

Q: Do I have to fill out the form twice if I am receiving the same piece of music in two classes?

A: Yes, you do have to fill out the form twice. However, you only need to put the sticker code in the first time you fill out the form. After the first time, you can choose the “I already checked song out in another choir” option.

Q: Do I need to fill out any forms if I am using an iPad for music?

A: No, you do not need to fill out any forms. However, you do need to notify your class librarians at the beginning of the year that you will be using an iPad so that you can be Excused accordingly.

Q: I am switching to using an iPad. What do I do with my old music?

A: Make time to speak with your class librarian. You will need to let them know that you are switch to iPad and at that time you can give the librarian your music. They will check it in and let you know if you are left with any fines to pay.