FLASHPOINT ARTISTS INITIATIVE, INC.

BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING

Date:             Saturday, October 26        

AGENDA/Minutes

“The mission of Flashpoint Artists Initiative is to encourage growth & development of a community that promotes artistic creativity and freedom of expression.”

Meeting Location: 6475 Jimmy Carter Blvd Ste 400, Norcross, GA 30071

Meeting Time:  1:00 (public meeting, 12:00 executive session)

Meeting called to order at 1:17 PM.

  1. TAKE ROLL
  1. Board members present: (Mary (remote), Chad, Luis, Ryan, Dale)
  2. Officers present:_(left sick)_ (President – Mary Robb), _√_(Vice-President – Chad Jones), _(remote)_(Treasurer – Daniel Draven), ___√_(Secretary - Dale Lyles)
  3. Community members present:
  1. Christine Pez Chavarria
  2. Jaime Chandra
  3. Alyson Brown
  4. Brian Marino
  5. Rebecca Rea
  6. Daniel Goodridge
  7. Adrian Price
  8. Chandini Lord
  9. Samantha Weinstein (remote)
  10. Amariah Love (remote)
  11. Matthew Wood
  1. APPROVAL OF PAST MINUTES
  1. Approved (Ryan abstaining)
  1. EXECUTIVE SESSION entered at 12:04
  1. Election results
  2. Event Lead appointment
  3. Committee appointments
  4. Exited 1:02
  1. RECORD OF BUSINESS TAKEN IN SESSION BY BOARD SINCE LAST MEETING
  1. xxx
  1. OLD BUSINESS
  1. President’s Report (CHAD)
  1. Welcome public
  2. Intro board member
  1. Action Items from last month’s BOD Meeting (Sep)
  1. √Year-round calendar project (DALE)
  2. √Followup to summit items:
  1. Action item status update (CHAD, LUIS)
  1. √Get Treasurer’s data into minutes [DALE]
  2. √EC decide whether Effigy and/or Temple will be open; if yes, find contractor certification ($2K limit); additional cost from EC budget [LUIS/STABLER]
  3. √Contact list for EC [LUIS]
  1. Use for thank you cards
  1. √Communications Chair [CHAD]
  1. Amy Kate for Tech Ops
  1. √Taylor Dallas Townsend: reach out to “discuss at the burn” [DALE]
  2. √Conduct committee charter [CHAD]
  1. Chat with Jacob
  1. √Alchemist:
  1. Extend board application to Mon, Sep 30
  2. Home Committee chair
  3. Event Lead
  1. On/Off boarding checklist [CHAD] cras melior est
  1. Committee Updates
  1. Public Works Committee (RYAN )
  1. No update
  1. Event Committee (LUIS)
  1. Successful burn;
  2. Plus/Delta: good comments
  1. Communications Committee (CHAD)
  1. Chair:
  1. Home Committee (LUIS)
  1. Chair:
  2. Shifting focus to community
  1. Conduct Committee (Liaison(s))
  1. Charter in revision
  2. Volunteers already lining up
  3. Makeup of committee: potentially leadership of other burns; diversity, multiple perspectives; judiciousness
  4. Q: how many? A: 5
  1. NEW BUSINESS
  1. Board election results
  1. Drumroll
  2. Certified: Alyson, Chandini, Amariah
  1. Committee appointments
  1. Home
  1. Ryan, chair
  1. Communications
  1. Shelli, chair
  1. Treasurer’s Report
  1. Org: $69,611                            
  2. Alchemy Event: $26,228        
  3. Euphoria Event:   $5,000
  4. Art Fundraiser Event:   $2,000
  5. PWC:   $4858
  6. Money Market (Op Reserves): $72,089
  7. Available Credit Line: $5,000
  8. Draven: best financial situation in four years; better able to invest in community; in next week/half, application for end-of-year community grants (e.g., REACH, Beltline)
  1. Public Comment
  1. Jaime: How many people voted? A: more candidates, 400 voted (96% increase over last election)
  2. Rebecca: event committee structure: flat committee structure, no top-down event lead; training new people; retaining old leadership
  1. Jaime: mentoring √
  2. Monthly get-togethers
  3. Alyson: name “spokesperson/chair” rather than “lead”
  1. Daniel: volunteer for info management; facility @ Eastlake Commons for meetings
  2. Brian: PWC? A: The appt of EL/EC first, then at retreat hash it out
  3. Jaime: Code of conduct, during FAI events;
  1. Chandini: new social media policies coming
  2. Draven: working on overhaul; broader scope than current published; address process how we determine what’s actionable; five pages currently
  3. Daniel: even with code, limited amount board can do
  4. Matthew: policy to exclude from leadership anyone banned/not allowed; exclusion from volunteering
  5. Chad: multiple hypotheticals; different situations with different levels of confidentiality; in order for org to serve community, some info cannot leave the org or even be shared within the whole org;
  6. Jaime: ban/etc need not be permanent; but reintegration need not be immediate;
  1. Alyson: difference between Effigy plans/construction;
  1. Brian: all the official paperwork/certificates
  2. No process in Chattahoochee Hills for nonpermanent structures
  3. Rebecca: volunteer to assist legal
  1. Jaime: suggest team approach for Google Drive archiving
  1. ACTION ITEMS
  1. Contact Shelli [DALE]
  2. Year-round calendar
  1. Rebecca: point on gathering/herding info
  2. Daniel: info mgt
  1. Remind Stabler to remind Luis to get Board input afterburn report [LUIS]
  2. Look at stated policy: burner restrictions —> restricted volunteering/leadership [board]
  3. Respond to Cat/Rebecca
  4. Canvas print of burn for art auction [CHANDINI]
  5. Board code of conduct [CHAD]
  1. ADJOURN
  1. Motion to Adjourn: Luis
  2. Second: Dale
  3. Vote: unanimous
  4. Time: 2:24