Ultimate Cosplay Championship 2018
Ultimate Cosplay Championship is a combination of a group cosplay contest and a talent competition with an emphasis on teamwork and creativity. The group must first pass through an audition process before securing a slot in the finals to be held at Cosplay Mania 2018 on September 29, 2018.
NOTE: The following rules and guidelines is a trimmed down version exclusive only for previous leg and wild card UCC winners for Cosplay Mania 2018. To view the full rules and regulations for UCC 2018, please visit: https://tinyurl.com/UCC2018
Contest registration is only available online. The following information must be submitted through a form below:
- The team leader's real name;
- The team's Team Name;
- The team leader's working contact details (mobile phone AND email);
- The number of members in the team (minimum of 3 and maximum of 11 including assistants and technical director);
- The real names of the team members;
- The series that the team is cosplaying as (can be more than 1);
- A brief description of the background of the team and its members;
The information above must be truthful; falsifying any of the information will result in instant disqualification and the team members will not be allowed to join the succeeding year's competition as an additional penalty. All registration information will be kept in the strictest of confidence and other competitors will not be informed whether a particular competitor has entered the contest or not.
TECHNICAL DIRECTOR AND ASSISTANTS
The Technical Director of the team will be the only one allowed in the technical booth during the run of the skit. He will be allowed to oversee and provide cues for the technical materials, but will not be allowed to operate any of the equipment.
Assistants include the team's stage hands, stage ninjas (or shadows) must be included in the roster of the team and are included in the count of the team's members.
Only Assistants are allowed to set-up the stage with stage props before the performance. Assistants are provided a maximum of one (1) minute to set-up the stage with stage props before the performance begins. After the skit, they are also required to clean up all stage props so that the stage can be prepared for the next team of contestants. While setting up or cleaning up, they are required to wear black.
ULTIMATE COSPLAY CHAMPIONSHIP FINALS
All entries who passed the auditions must be ready to compete in the Ultimate Cosplay Championship Finals to be held on September 29, 2018. They are required to submit the following no later than September 25, 2018 for review and technical testing:
- Soundtrack should be in .CDA or .MP3 format;
- Technical Script that includes any technical components that will be made available for use of the finalists during their performance (optional);
- A video in DVD format no longer than three (3) minutes that will be shown on the elevated video wall positioned behind the stage or a static image if the video is not available;
- Fanservice (ie. yaoi, yuri, etc.) is allowed but should be “General Patronage”. Any kind of extreme kind of fanservice (ie. kissing, PDA, etc.) that is deemed inappropriate for minors are strictly prohibited. Keep in mind that the event is a wholesome and a General Patronage event.
- Costumes that are too revealing (ie. exposes private parts) are prohibited. Scantily clad and/or sexy costumes are allowed but not encouraged. The organizing team has the right to disqualify any participant on this ground.
- All kinds of costume props must be handled with utmost care and must not be harmful to his/her fellow contestants, event staff and event attendees. Any kind of sharp and/or bladed objects that will be used as costume props that could cut human flesh are strictly prohibited. Any kind of pyrotechnic equipment/s that will be used as costume props that could render damage to the venue and/or property is strictly prohibited.
- Event organizers and staff will not be held responsible for damage or injury resulting from mishandling and/or negligence of a contestant in his/her use of props/materials throughout the duration of the event.
- Contestants under eighteen (18) years of age as of event date must have their parent/s and/or legal guardian/s sign the waiver/image release form to be provided at the registration table.
- Organizers reserve the right to disqualify any contestant who ignores and/or violates any of the aforementioned guidelines.
- Registration and participation in this contest constitutes that the contestant gives the right and the authority to the organizers/staff, its sponsors and authorized press media to take pictures and/or videos of registered contestants, teams and its members and will be the sole property of the organizers/staff, its sponsors and authorized press media to be used for future publications and/or advertising promotions.
- Organizers and its staff and their relatives up to the 2nd degree of affinity or consanguinity are disqualified from participating in the competition. This includes parents, grandparents, children, grandchildren, uncles or aunts, first cousins, nephews or niece and brother or sister.
FINALS SKIT GUIDELINES
All performances are limited to a maximum of three (3) minutes. They are also allowed a maximum of one (1) minute set-up time and one (1) minute clean-up time. There are no restrictions to the amount of stage props that they can use, but they must be set up before the provided set-up time runs out.
Skits involving extreme fan service and lewd, messy or obscene costumes are prohibited. The event is general patronage and any skits must be appropriate for the general audience including minors.
Props that are difficult to clean such as fake blood, confetti poppers, and powder are also prohibited. The use of prohibited items will result in disqualification.
All Finalists must be present in the Cosplay Holding Area in full costume by 2:00 PM on September 29, 2018.
CRITERIA FOR JUDGING
Finalists will be judged according to the following criteria:
- Costume Craftsmanship (30%): The quality of the costumes used for the performance. This includes durability and how the costume contributed to the success of the performance.
- Performance (40%): How entertaining, amazing and awe-inspiring the performance was for the viewers. This also includes the skits choreography, style and the effective use of props for the performance.
- Creativity (30%): Originality and creativity of the performance and its ability to bring surprise and engagement from the audience. This also includes gimmicks and the use of props and special effects to deliver impact to the performance.
In addition to the judging scores, penalties will be imposed on the following rule infractions:
- Exceeding Time Limit (5% Infraction): For every one (1) minute or fraction thereof that the performance exceeds the maximum time limit of three (3) minutes, a 5% score deduction will be applied. This also applies to set-up and clean-up times.
- Unsportsmanlike Conduct (10% Infraction): For actions that are demeaning to the other teams or that incite conflict in the competition or the use of vulgarity on the audience, judges, event staff or other contestants, a 10% score deduction will be applied. If this unsportsmanlike conduct continues, it may result in disqualification and ejection from the venue grounds.
- Intentional Violation of Contest Rules (20% Infraction plus 1-Season Suspension): For proven cases of cheating, dishonesty and sabotage, a 20% score deduction will be applied. In addition, the offending contestant will be given a 1-Season Suspension where they will be unable to join the competition for the remainder of the competition as well as the next year's competition.
- Ultimate Cosplay Runner-Up Team: P50,000 worth of cash and prizes
- Ultimate Cosplay Champions: P100,000 worth of cash and prizes
All winners must be present for the awarding ceremony and must be in full costume. If the winner is not present during the awarding ceremony, the next highest scoring competitor will be awarded the prize instead. If there is a compelling reason for the contestant not to be present during the awarding ceremony, they will be required to inform an organizer beforehand and provide a proxy for themselves during the awarding ceremony.
Prizes may be subject to change without prior notice.
Rules are subject to change and revisions without prior notice.
The Ultimate Cosplay Championship Rules and Guidelines is the sole property of Cosplay.ph® and Cosplay Philippines®.
The guidelines cannot be copied and/or replicated and/or reproduced for any other event and/or contest without the consent and/or permission from its parent owners.