SNOW DAYS - There is always a price to pay.
There will be a full day of school at WWG on Monday, Feb. 18.
Early Dismissal --
Thurs., 2/7 - WR at 1:40.
01. Lunch today: Chili, grilled cheese, vegies w/dip, fruit, milk.
Breakfast tomorrow: Long John, fruit, juice, milk
Lunch tomorrow: Hamburger gravy on mashed potatoes, dinner roll, corn, fruit, milk
02. College/Military Reps:
03. LIFE 101/DYNAMIC READING NOTES:
Tues., 2/5 - Dynamic Reading, P3b
04. FFA NEWS:
*Small Animal Practice after school on Wednesday's
*Fish and Wildlife practice during lunch in Library Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays.
*Competition for all is February 15th
05. SENIOR NEWS:
SENIORS have you applied for the scholarships at the college you have chosen to go to? www.ohe.state.mn.us/mnscholarships
06. Scholarship Deadlines
Feb. 15- Basin Electric Power Coop (Redwood County students)
Feb. 15- South Central Electric, www.southcentralelectric.com
Feb 28, Walnut Grove Area Foundation
March 1, MN Soybean Processors
March 7- WWG Local Area Scholarship
March 8- Redwood Electric- Operation Roundup (Redwood County)
March 15, Missouri River Energy Svc.
March 15, American Legion Auxiliary
April 1, American Legion
07. The Hive Queen by Tui T. Sutherland
(No Lexile yet) Book #12 in the Wings of Fire series
Growing up in the hives, Cricket has always had a million questions. How can she stay hidden and discover the queen's deadliest secret?
08. The horticulture class is taking orders for candy bouquets. Traditional TWIX and SNICKERS bouquets are available.
There are three sizes of bouquets.
A large bouquet for $20 a bag bouquet for $10 and a limited supply of small bouquets for $7
Mrs. Zollner will be available during lunch this week to purchase your bouquet.
See Mrs. Zollner or one of the following students to get your order.
Skyler S., Ethan S., Jennifer E., Heidi I., Talitha H., Nicole S., MaKayla E.
09. Juniors will have a class meeting on Wed., 2/6, in Ms. Schoephoerster's room at 8 am. Please also look at the sign up sheets outside of Mrs.Byer's door to sign up for concessions.
10. Tues., 2/12, P6 - Per state requirement, the 7th graders will be taking CPR/AED training. These 8th graders will also need to be there Kole C, Izzy R and Tyjenae S-H. Meet in the health room first (Mrs. Ross) and then we will go to the gym. This will take most of the period.
11. Senior High Knowledge Bowl - Practice will be EVERY FRIDAY!
Senior High KB will have a meet in Jackson on Monday, February 4th. Meet in Ms. Schoephoerster's room at 3:30 to practice before we leave at 5:15. We will return to Westbrook by 10pm. Bring money for food.
12. Soccer - 7th & 8th gr. Students interested in Plum Creek Area Soccer this spring may pick up a registration form at the HS office. They are due to Kristy Baker by Feb. 15.
13. Minnesota Honor Society
Candidates will be notified of selection by 2/12.
Appeal requests due by 2/15.
Appeals notified by 2/22.
MHS induction ceremony on Mar. 4 in conjunction with music concert.
14. Speech - Practices are in Westbrook on Wednesdays at 3:30-5:30 or in Walnut Grove on Thursdays at 3:30-5:30. See Mrs. Caygle to schedule another time, if needed.
Please pay for their t-shirts NOW.
Sign up for Tracy on 2/12 and Redwood Valley on 2/16.
Speech at Minneota on Sat., 2/9.. Bus leaves WB at 6:45, WG at 7:30.
15. Snow Week is the week of Feb 4th. Student council has decided to not have a snow dance this year due to lack of interest, but they are exploring some other fun activity ideas for this spring for you guys.
Tues 2/5 - Crazy Hair or Crazy Hat Day; FCA Kickball Tourney all day. 2:15-All to gym to watch the winning team take on the teacher team.
Wed 2/6 - Dress Like Your Toddler Self Day; Just Dance Dance-off at 2:15
Thurs 2/7 - Twin Day; no activity
Friday 2/8 - Class Color Day; Family Feud at 2:15
(7th pink, 8th green, 9th orange, 10th blue, 11th red, 12th gray (senior shirts), staff black)
16. High School Spring Play tryouts are coming up next Monday, 2/11, after school in Mrs. Kletscher’s room. If you are interested in going out for the play, please sign up at the office and come to tryouts next week. Based on interests and numbers, we can pick out a play to perform that will be fun for all!
17. Community Blood Bank blood drive will be at WWG HS on Mon., 3/4. 11:00-2:00 & 3:00-5:00.
Sign up at the HS office.
You must be 17 (16 w/parent permission. Get form from office), be in good health, and weight at least 110 lbs.
18. There’s no better way to show you care than to send a donut to a friend! Purchase a donut to be sent to a friend on Valentine’s Day for $1. See any student council member or Mrs. Dibble by the end of the day Friday 2/8 to order. Donuts will be delivered after lunch on Feb 14.
19. 2019 Valentine's Day Singing Telegram
Pay a $1 to send someone a short a cappella song on Valentines Day.
Pay upon order to Karen or Mr. Nelson.
Sign up sheets in office and Choir room.
Last Day to order is Wednesday, February 13 end of the day.
01. Weekly Progress Reports are due on Wednesdays. Reports are printed by 7:45 AM on Thursdays.
Sun., 2/10 - Open Gym at WB & WG, 1:00-3:00.
Kids’ Open Gym at WB, 3:00-5:00.
Mon., 2/4 - ECFE at WG, Gym Night, 5:30.
WEEKLY CALENDAR OF EVENTS
Tues., 2/5 - GB, RRC at WB, 6:00.. Supervisor-Theisen, Concessions-Juniors, Conc. Supervisor-Barron.
BB at Lamberton, 6:00. Bus leaves WB at 4:50.
WR, Marshall & Hutchinson at Tracy, 5:00. Van leaves WB at 3:10.
Thurs., 2/7 - GB at Fulda, 6:00. Bus leaves WB at 3:55.
JH GB Conf. Tourney at Fulda, 5:00. Bus leaves WB at 3:55.
JH BB, HBS/Edg. at WG, 4:30.
WR at Olivia, 5:00. Van leaves WB at 1:50.
Fri., 2/8 - BB, MLA at WB, 6:00. Pep band plays. Supervisor-Theisen, Concessions-Sophomores, Conc. supervisor-Schoephoerster. Kiwanis will be serving food.
Sat., 2/9 - JH GB Conf. Tourney at Fulda or Adrian.
JH BB Conf. Tourney at Westbrook at 8:30 Four games. Supervisor-Theisen, concessions-Freshmen, Conc. Supervisor-Barron/Byers.
Speech at Minneota. Bus leaves WB at 6:45, WG at 7:30.