Tairangi School Procedure Statement
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
NAG 3 Personnel
NAG 6 Legislation & Regulations
The following procedures are to be followed by the school:
- Section 77(D) of the State Sector Act 1988 requires the Board of Trustees to:
- Develop, implement and publish an EEO programme each year
- Report annually to ERO on the extent and to which objectives in the EEO programme were met.
The Board will fulfil its legal requirements in this area.
- The person taking the formal responsibility for EEO in the school is the Principal.
- Each year the Principal, in consultation with the Board and the staff, will develop and publish an EEO programme.
- The Principal is responsible for ensuring the programme is consistent with other Board personnel policies.
- The Principal will report annually to ERO and to the Board of Trustees on how well the objectives of the EEO programme were met.
- The central philosophy for all EEO objectives and programmes will be that of equal opportunity for every person applying for a position at Tairangi School, while acknowledging that in all instances the best applicant for the position will be successful.
File:eeo36.doc Procedure Statement – EEO