WEEHAWKEN HIGH SCHOOL
53 Liberty Place, Weehawken, NJ 07086
201.422.6125 | WeehawkenSchools.net | @WeehawkenTSD
Robert R. Ferullo Nicholas DeStefano
Principal Assistant Principal
July 2, 2020
The New Jersey State Interscholastic Athletic Association has released stringent Phase 1 Guidelines for resuming high school athletics, which you can read about here. Weehawken High School has chosen to prioritize the health and safety of our student-athletes and coaching staff by not participating in Phase 1 at this time. The guidelines for Phase 2 will be released mid-July, and we may potentially begin athletics around July 27.
There are a few things you can do in order to prepare your child for the resumption of athletics:
- Complete the COVID-19 Questionnaire by July 20. Student-athletes who presently have COVID-19, or who have tested positive for COVID-19, shall provide clearance from a physician before he/she is allowed to participate in workouts.
- If your child has a pre-existing condition and/or is immunocompromised, he/she will need clearance from a physician in order to participate in workouts. The clearance should be on this Preparticipation Physical Evaluation form.
- Print and complete the Health History Update Questionnaire so that your child can bring it to the first workout.
- When workouts begin, your child must complete the Daily Pre-Screening Questions electronically 30-60 minutes prior to practice. Upon arrival, their temperature will be checked. If their temperature is 100.4°F or greater (or they have any symptoms), they must leave the facility immediately and cannot return unless cleared by a physician.
- Athletes must come to workouts with a mask/face covering, hand sanitizer, and personal water bottle. Any athlete failing to bring any of these items, and who do not follow social distancing guidelines, may not participate in workouts and will be asked to leave.
If you have any questions, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or call my office at 201-422-6138 during the week of July 6.