Macedon Public Library Cookie Exchange
On Monday, December 11 at 3:30 pm, Macedon Public Library will hold a Christmas Cookie Exchange. The library invites 10 people to bring in five dozen cookies to exchange. With 10 people participating, each person will be able to have half a dozen of each type of cookie. This means everyone involved will have a great variety of cookies to put on their Christmas cookie platter! To participate, one must register and commit to a type of cookie as described in the rules below:
"The Rules of the Cookie Exchange"
by Robin Olson ©1997, with slight modifications made by Macedon Public Library.
- All cookies should be homemade, baked and main ingredient must be flour.
- No plain chocolate chip cookies (chocolate chip cookies with a special twist are acceptable), cookie mixes, no-bakes or meringues. Squares and bars are allowed if they require baking.
- Please bring a total of 5 dozen cookies.
- The theme is: "Christmas Cookies" Please respect the theme.
- Arrange six cookies in a small box or bag. You should have a total of ten bags or boxes to exchange. Also, bring a large container to carry away the cookies you receive at the event.
- Bring 10 copies of your recipe to the event for sharing (you may may make copies using the library’s copier on the day of event and there will be no charge).
- Christmas attire is encouraged (but not required)!
- Register and commit to what type of cookies you are planning on baking - no duplicate cookies at the event please!
- If you don't have time to bake, or have burnt your cookies, but still want to attend, you must go to a real bakery and buy 5 dozen yummy cookies. You must then organize them into ten boxes or bags containing six cookies inside.
*Please note, the exchange will be canceled if less than 10 people sign up for the event.*