TWHS 9-12 Online Learning FAQ’s for Parents & Students
Refresh your browser to view updates.
Information as of March 23, 2020 at 11 A.M.
Q. Which online platform will be used by students & teachers?
- The online platform that will be used for both campuses is Canvas and will start Monday, March 23rd. Teachers may utilize other applications like Google Drive, EduCreations, Flipgrid, Charms, etc. However, they will post the daily activities in Canvas. We encourage students to update their notification settings in Canvas and if needed, update their contacts methods.
- Students access Canvas through the CISD SSO at https://sso.conroeisd.net
- Parents can access Canvas through the CISD website at https://www.conroeisd.net/department/technology/canvas-login/ - using their Parent Access Credentials
Q. What do I need to do if I have not received any emails from my campus or student’s teacher? - **UPDATED
- Check your spam folder. Make sure *@conroeisd.net is not marked as junk or spam.
- It could be because your email has not been updated or you blocked CISD messaging.
- Confirm your email address on file in Parent Access. Go to https://pac.conroeisd.net/ and follow the FAQs/Help listed on that page.
- You may need to create a new account
- If troubleshooting isn’t working please submit a Help Ticket in Canvas (parents access Canvas here: https://conroeisd.instructure.com/login/canvas) Click Help> Report a Problem > complete the form and Submit (see images below for examples).
- Student emails cannot be added through the registrar. Students will need to check their CISD Outlook email (see directions below) additionally, we encourage students to update their Canvas notifications to include a personal email.
- For additional help you can email CISD technology help email@example.com to submit a request.
Q. How can students check their CISD Outlook email for communications from their teacher?
- Log into your SSO, Open Office 365
If prompted for your username and password you must enter your full username including @studentmail.conroeisd.net
Q. If students are having general problems accessing CISD technology applications, what can they do?
- Make sure students have logged in using the CISD SSO Portal (https://sso.conroeisd.net)
- If students cannot access their Google Drive through Canvas - log out of Chrome and Google Drive. (Make sure all people using the device are logged out). Close Chrome, then open it again. Go to https://sso.conroeisd.net and login, open your CISD Google Drive first, then open Canvas. You may have to authorize your CISD Google Account.
- Contact CISD Technology Help Desk - via email firstname.lastname@example.org
Q. What are the office hours for departments?
- Office hours will be a time set aside where teachers will be available to answer any questions with a quick response time. It may be conducted via email, Canvas Conferences, Canvas Discussions, Zoom, etc. Teachers will post their method in their Canvas courses. Students can also email teachers with any questions at any time. Please note that both campuses are closed.
8:00 - 9:30 Math
8:00 - 9:30 English
8:30 - 10:00 Foreign Language
8:30 - 10:00 Science
9:30 - 11:00 Social Studies
9:30 - 11:00 Electives/Special Ed.
10:30 - 12:00 English
10:30 - 12:00 CTE
11:30 - 1:00 Science
11:30 - 1:00 Math
12:30 - 2:00 Electives/Special Ed.
12:30 - 2:00 Foreign Language
1:30 - 3:00 CTE Classes
1:30 - 3:00 Social Studies
Q. When will assignments be available and when are they due?
- All assignments will be posted by teachers on Canvas every Monday morning, and assignments will be due the Sunday of each week by 11:59 p.m.
Q. What will the grading policy look like for online?
- Due to extenuating circumstances we have suspended the current TWHS grading policy. Teachers will communicate with students throughout the nine-weeks what assignments/quizzes/tests grades will be expected for their courses.
Q. If parents or students have general questions, who can they contact?
- Students’ counselor, administrator or email respective campuses:
*Link for counselors: https://twhs.conroeisd.net/counseling/counseling/
*Link for administrators: https://twhs.conroeisd.net/counseling/faculty-staff/administration/
*Emails for the two campuses: Senior Campus - email@example.com
Ninth Grade Campus firstname.lastname@example.org
Q. If a student does not have computer access, what are their options?
- District is currently working on this matter, and we will update once we receive this information. Paper copies can be made available if needed. Please contact your child’s counselor if students are unable to access the internet and need a paper copy.
Q. If students are having Canvas problems, where can they go for help?
- Students will contact their teacher of the course that they are having difficulty accessing the information.
Q. What about College Board testing for SAT/ACT/AP tests?
- All SAT/ACT’s have been canceled through the end of May
- College Board will release information about AP testing--we will communicate all information once we receive it from College Board.
Q. Will students have to take the STAAR test for this school year?
- No, they will not have to make up the STAAR test for this year. Governor Greg Abbott has waived testing for the 2020 school year.
Q. Where can we find updated information about school closures?
- Conroe ISD website: https://www.conroeisd.net/
Q. What about junior conferences or students that were unable to meet with their counselor about next year’s classes?
- Counselors will be sending a google link for students/parents to request an individual conference via phone or video chat.
Q. If I am a new student needing to enroll for the current year, what do I do?
- You will contact the registrar, Greta Champion, at email@example.com for an appointment. We will begin enrollment on Monday, March 23rd.
Q. If I am a new student needing to enroll for the 2020-2021 school year, what do I do?
- You will wait for further instructions. At this time, we are unable to release this information due to the current situation.
Information from the TWHS Librarians
Students still have access to library books! We now have SORA! It's an OverDrive app that let's ALL OF US read eBooks and/or listen to audiobooks! You can have up to THREE books checked out for 21 days.
You will see Sora in your CISD SSO Portal at the very bottom. You can also download the Sora app on your device. When asked for your school information, enter the zip code, 77381, and select Conroe ISD. Then, use your CISD login to complete the process. Happy reading!