FRINGE FESTIVAL VOLUNTEER COORDINATOR 2019
NZ Fringe will run for three weeks from the 1 - 23 March 2019. A multi genre arts festival featuring over 1000 artists from around New Zealand and the world. It is an open access festival running since 1990 with over 700 events staged throughout the city.
Volunteer Coordinator Job Description
Contract Period: Part-time February - end March
Remuneration: $ 3,000 plus tickets to Fringe shows
As a Volunteer Coordinator you will be responsible for organising and managing the Volunteer Programme for NZ Fringe. Your main duties will be to recruit volunteers, schedule and organise the volunteer programme, and oversee the volunteers, ensuring they complete tasks as required. This includes especially to ensure that the volunteers feel welcome, valued and supported.
The role of the Volunteer Coordinator will report to the NZ Fringe Festival Manager, Festival Director and CEO of of Creative Capital Arts Trust. Our office is located on Taranaki St in downtown Wellington.
- Setting up and managing the Fringe volunteer database and using the database to engage a group of volunteers for the Festivals to cover a variety of roles.
- Work with the festival manager to recruit and train front of house volunteers, including rostering and training.
- Provide briefings both oral and written to ensure volunteers are trained and confident in their roles as representatives of the Fringe Festival.
- Strategise with the Festival Publicist and Festival Director as to which events Fringe should have a promotional presence at and will organise and manage volunteers for the identified events.
- Arrange volunteers for promotional activities including, Chalk the Walk, Newtown Festival, Wellington Pride and at Fringe events.
- Ensure volunteers are engaged and in attendance for Fringe events such as Chalk the Walk and the annual awards event.
- Organise and manage the gathering of Fringe surveys from audiences by volunteers at venues throughout the festival.
- Assist the Box Office Manager in the festival box office throughout Fringe - giving the box office manager a break and utilising the site as a meeting point for volunteers to flyer from.
- Keep accurate records of volunteers attendance and ensure they receive their show bookings, beverages and other formalised thanks in return for their active participation.
- Be available to help out at designated Fringe events such as the annual Fringe Awards.
- Gather and enter all collected survey information and collate the information in a report for the festival.
- Produce a report on their and your experience of the festival including highlights and recommendations for future Fringe festivals.