October 2nd, 2017 at 7:00pm
Division Midway Alliance
11721 SE Division Street, Portland Oregon 97266
Facilitator: Richard Dickinson / Timothy Crawley
Minutes by: Sarah Gitchell
Attendees: Richard Dickinson, Timothy Crawley, Sarah Gitchell, Jody Folkedahl, Dolores Wood, Ron Swan, Shaina Boal, Megan Gorecki
Attachments: 9/11 Board Meeting Minutes
EPAP letter to City Council re: Housing Bond
LNA Safe Zone Ordinance Summary
Letter to City - Template
- Call to order
- Roll call
- Approval of minutes from last meeting [attached]
- Open issues
- Update on 501c4 / 501c3 status [Tim]
- 2017-2018 Allotment final updates/review - form due Oct 16
- Considering a membership drive [Ron]
- New business
- Logo contest
- Plan/framework for contest [Megan]
- Announce at Potluck?
- Hold viewing/voting at Arte Soleil?
- PGNA newsletter & website
- Divvy up unincorporated contacts from sign-in sheets; submit 2017 meeting documents to EPNO
- Assign content helpers for Sarah
- Website -- PG & board history, Neighborhood resources, more photos, anything else?
- Newsletter -- one-off community events and info, PG history corner?, other regular sections?
- Sarah donating iPad to Board - can use for meeting sign-ins / newsletter signups
- Festival of Nations follow-up
- Endorse/join Laurelhurst NA safety and livability coalition? [see attached]
- Ordinance would ban camping within 1,000 feet of any park, playground, athletic field or place where children congregate. It will apply to the entire city of Portland
- Leach Garden fundraising - request for support - yea or nay?
- help boost the campaign via our newsletter/special update?
- November General Assembly
- Theme: Land use / Affordability / Gentrification
- Rep. Janelle Bynum asking for time - 10 mins for legislative update & questions, then request that she please stay for the conversation about the price of housing?
- David from PBOT is asking whether we want an update on the Safety Action Plan for Outer SE Division - may not fit with theme/have time [Richard]
- Leslie Lum - new East District Liaison for the Bureau of Planning and Sustainability - invite?
- Chloe Eudaly - invite?
- MercyCorps - Community Investment Trust around Plaza 122 and "Moving from Owing to Owning" classes - invite?
- only those in 97236 are able to participate, not 97266
- Cora Potter - invite?
- Trimet asking for time - Division Transit Project - Richard suggests instead advertising their three November outreach meetings on this same topic
- Lore Wintergreen of EPAP - strong advocate of affordable housing, but probably less so of increasing property values - invite? [see attached EPAP doc]
- Erin Lamb asking for 5 mins - new resident, interested in restoration and clean-up groups - would like to do mini-song/ theater piece about sustainability/ fun/ connecting (maybe something for Potluck?)
- Jo Ann Hardesty has requested time - running for city council - can this be accommodated w/out breaking political endorsement restrictions?
- Emilie Minney - concerns about Ed Benedict Park - Bring to a vote to write a letter to the city?
- December 11 Potluck
- Have four general themes prepared for 2018, ask people to tell us what those mean to them to help flesh out our plan/build quarterly meetings around that
- Support with email follow-up?
- Logo contest announcement?
- Proposed changes to event structure (e.g., music)
- Ideas for stepping up promotion/attendance
- 2018 Planning
- Annual action plan / content strategy for the board
- Add open community forum+city rep meetings in between quarterly themed meetings?
- Fix-It Fair
- Other questions or ideas?
- Schedule next one or two board meetings
- Can we pursue meeting at Arte Soleil next board meeting? [Ron]
- Generate/review action items
- Other items?