ILA LEADERSHIP EDUCATION ACADEMY 2019 FACILITATOR APPLICATION
The Leadership Education Academy Facilitator (LEA) will design and deliver training, education, and developmental experiences for current and prospective leadership educators on topics such as leadership theory and concepts, curriculum design, pedagogy of teaching, and assessment of learning. LEA Facilitators will be seasoned professionals in the field of leadership education and may include faculty, student affairs professionals, campus administrators, and corporate/community educators. LEA Facilitators will be a part of a larger LEA committee including Facilitators, Co-Chairs, Intern(s), and ILA Staff. LEA Facilitators must:
- Attend monthly virtual standing meetings with the LEA committee (time to be determined based on availability of committee members). Meetings will start in July, 2018, and the 2019 LEA will take place over three and one half days the first week of August, 2019. Given the importance and low frequency of meetings, LEA Facilitators can only miss two meetings.
- Take on a planning role overseeing functions related to curriculum, marketing, assessment, site logistics, or intern/supplies coordination.
- Design and enhance curricular materials for use in both the training sessions and to be included in LEA supplemental materials. Meeting deadlines is paramount to the development and delivery of LEA.
- Facilitate assigned training sessions; some for the entire group and some as breakouts.
- Be present and available for the duration of LEA, including assisting others with any facilitation or support needs that may arise.
- Provide on-site logistics support as needed. Site staff, ILA staff, and one or more interns will be available for the majority of these duties, however, it is important that all LEA staff are able to assist when needed.
- Provide onsite coaching. LEA Facilitators will partake in one-on-one coaching sessions with participants for a minimum of four hours. This feedback-focused opportunity is central to the mission of LEA.
- Host at least one social gathering on an evening at LEA. In addition to scheduled sessions and meals, LEA Facilitators will host at least one optional/topical group dinner or outing.
Candidates will be evaluated based on the following:
- Contributions to the field of leadership education, including, but not limited to conference presentations, scholarship of teaching & learning, publication of guidebooks or other resources, professional association roles, etc.
- Experience developing leadership curriculum and/or programs
- Experience and effectiveness of teaching and/or facilitation; may include modalities such as training sessions, online and/or blended course instruction, classroom instruction, fieldwork, service learning, co-curricular programming, etc.
- Experience designing and/or administering assessments to measure leadership learning
Please click here to proceed to the online application and submit your supporting documentation.