Director of Research
Section on Women’s Health-APTA
Position: Board of Directors member, Section on Women’s Health. Elected to office by membership vote.
Term: 3 years. May serve up to2 consecutive terms
Roles and Responsibilities
- Encourage, foster, and promote research in the field of Pelvic Health Physical Therapy:
- Appoint and overseepost-hoc committees or task forces related to research
- Review policies regarding presentation of research at CSM. This involves consultation with the Director of Programming and the Poster And Platform Coordinator
- Coordinate the process of disbursement of Research grant funds
- Chair a Peer Review team to review grant proposals for the $10K SOWH research grant
- Notify SOWH Staff of grant recipients and award amount.
- Work with the SOWH CSM Poster and Platform Coordinator to evaluate and select the Elaine Meadows Research Scholar(s).
- Serve as BOD liaison to the Journal of Women’s Health Physical Therapy
- Foster growth in the process of moving the Journal towards greater excellence
- Serve as SOWH Board Liaison to the Foundation for Physical Therapy
- Work with SOWH and Foundation Staff to promote and foster the development of the SOWH Endowment fund
- Oversee the appointment of a SOWH Member to serve as an ad-hoc Foundation Scientific Review Committee member for the $40K Women’s Health/Pelvic Health Grant administered by the Foundation
- Serve as BOD Liaison to SOWH uPdaTe SmartBrief
- Review and provide feedback on biweekly Smart brief drafts to ensure relevance of included articles prior to publication
- Attend Meetings
- CSM – 4 days
- Spring Meeting 3 days
- Fall Meeting- 3 days
- Two electronic meetings
- SOWH Grant Review Process 10-12 hours between April and May
- CSM Preparation: 2-3 hours in the three months preceding CSM (including selection of Elaine Meadows Research Scholar applications)
- Board meeting preparation: 1-2 hours
- Weekly emails: <1 hour
- Quarterly calls with Foundation for Physical Therapy: 1 hour
- Smart Brief Draft review: 10-15 minutes every other week
QUALIFICATIONS FOR THIS POSITION
- Must have research experience, including but not limited to writing a grant, reviewing grants, publishing peer reviewed manuscripts, participation in research projects.