Published using Google Docs
When turtles need help, call for backup
Updated automatically every 5 minutes

When turtles need help, call for backup

Helping injured turtles. If you find an injured turtle, call your local animal control officer, veterinarian, or humane society for help locating a certified wildlife rehabilitator who is qualified to provide care.

Reporting suspicious behavior. If you suspect someone is illegally collecting or selling wild turtles, contact the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service by phone (1–844-FWS-TIPS) or email (, or your state wildlife agency. The Service is authorized to pay rewards for information or assistance that leads to an arrest, a criminal conviction, civil penalty assessment, or forfeiture of seized property. Learn more.

What to Look Out For

What to Do If You See Something Suspicious