Homepage: Gallery Slideshow
This file contains all the steps and information that was recorded to help you add an image the homepage gallery slideshow.
In order to proceed, you would need an image uploaded to Resources > Images folder.
- After logging into Composer, click on the Resources tab .
- Select Resources
- Under All Resources > Public, expand your school’s menu by clicking on the down-arrow.
- Click on the Images arrow to expand the menu.
- From the Resource folder , select the image that you would like to add to the Gallery  and select Edit Image .
Step 2: SFrom the Edit image dialogue box, click on CROP . In the “Crop Height” box, type a number that is one third of the “Crop Width” box.
- Note: The 3:1 ratio is needed for the homepage gallery. This means that there are 3 pixels in width for every one pixel in height.
- Crop Width: 2048
- Crop Height: 1536
- The height would need to change to 2048/3 or 683 pixels.
- Click “SAVE AS NEW”
- In the “Save as New Resource” dialogue box, it is suggested that you add “_Cropped” to the Name.
- Click Browse and select the Resource folder you would like to place the image in:
Step 3: Give the New Resource a Title and Alt Text name and click SAVE.
Step 4: Add the image to the Gallery by clicking the Add to Gallery button .
- Select your school’s folder and place it into the “Home_Slideshow” gallery by clicking “OK”
- Click “OK” on the Added to Gallery dialog box
Step 5: To change the order, or remove images from the “Home_Slideshow” gallery, click Resources > Galleries and expand your school’s Public Galleries folder.
- Once you have adjusted the order and selection of the images for the “Home_Slideshow” make sure you click on UPDATE in the bottom-right side of the screen to save your changes.