Embedded/IoT Software Engineer (Calgary)
We are looking for a Software Engineer to join our growing Engineering team and to help build out the next generation of our platform. The ideal candidate is a hands-on platform builder with significant experience in developing scalable IoT data management systems. They must have strong, firsthand technical expertise in a variety of software development tools and languages. They must be at ease working in an agile environment with minimal supervision. This person should embody a passion for continuous improvement, flexibility, taking initiative, and self-reflection. The position will be based in Alberta, preferably in the Calgary area.
- Contribute to designing and developing IoT camera management tools and data processing platforms using various technologies and languages
- Provide ongoing maintenance, support and enhancements to existing systems and platforms, with focus on application software and OTA deployment to cloud-connected embedded Linux devices
- Support the transition of a groundbreaking new product from prototype into production
- Collaborate with the software development team in a fast moving agile environment
- Collaborate cross-functionally with hardware engineers, data scientists, business users, project managers and other software engineers to achieve elegant solutions
We’re looking for someone with 3-7 years of experience in embedded software development, has a BS degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, and is familiar with the following software/tools:
- Direct experience developing in C++, Python, shell scripting, etc.
- Familiarity with embedded Linux, specifically Yocto/OpenEmbedded, bitbake, BSPs, etc.
- Familiarity with Video for Linux (v4l2) driver,s devices, video systems
- Familiarity with TCP/IP network configuration and cellular modem configuration
- Strong DevOps focus and experience building and deploying infrastructure with cloud deployment technologies like Docker, Git, CI/CD etc.
- Cloud platforms such as Azure IoT suite, particularly Azure IoT Edge on Linux devices
- Use of Docker as a cross-architecture development tool for embedded Linux targets
- Infrastructure automation and source control technologies like Docker, Git, Travis, etc.
- Databases and data structures, like Cosmos, SQL
- Experience with test-driven development, testing methodologies, unit tests, and integration tests
- Experience with Scrum/Agile development methodologies
Email your resume to email@example.com and quote the job title in the subject line.