940. Evil is first and foremost any action that seeks to destroy, exploit or enslave in the name of personal gain or gratification. Unfortunately, evil actions are often misrepresented as advantageous for the group, thereby making them morally acceptable. The needs of the many supposedly outweigh the needs of the few, and thus evil is rationalized as a means to a “positive end” for the “greater good”.
941. The only way the 1% ceases to be an issue is to not play along.
943. According to recent studies, the vast majority of the American middle class is only one missed paycheck away from poverty. About 78% of workers in the United States are living paycheck to paycheck, and the statistics don’t improve from there.
Only 39% of Americans actually have saved enough money to cover a $1000 emergency. Nearly 3 in 4 workers say they are in debt and of those, more than half think they always will be, according to statistics posted by Forbes. Any rise in interest rates or the cost of food could leave some Americans with the tough choice of eating or paying the car payment to get to work.
944. Amazing facts:
945. Notes from the book:
Bounce Back Big
If you are going through any kind of difficult time in your life right now (in any area of your life) and you’re not sure how to turn things around (and in a BIG way), please know, there is a way.
No matter where you are in YOUR life right now, you can turn things around FAST and achieve your wildest dreams.
This “way” is what I like to call the “Miracle Blueprint”. Follow, learn and integrate the Miracle Blueprint into your daily life at a very deep level – and I promise you, it will never be the same.
The Blueprint – You must start here. This is where you set things in “motion” to manifest the miracles about to come into your life. The Formula – Get ready to experience the necessary internal shift needed to bounce back from anything in a BIG way. The Truth – A dose of inspirational reality, but not like you think. This “truth” is the ultimate key to achieving your greatest life.
The fastest way to get the wheels in motion and achieve all you desire in life is to STOP, REFLECT – and SET AN INTENTION.
You’ve most likely heard this before (possibly from me) and you may be thinking, how is THAT going to help me manifest money, get healthy, get that fantastic loving relationship (or whatever it is you are wanting to manifest in your life)?
Dream BIG. This is probably the hardest thing for most people to do. To actually set goals that are bigger than life itself. Most people are “reasonable” and choose goals that are easily attainable
something easy to do is also easy to not do
The most successful people on the planet have all been “unrealistic” in their dreams.
The next thing I’m going to ask you to do is something critical that you must do to ensure your greatest success in the next year. I want you to now write out what you want to accomplish in the next 12 months. I know that sounds really basic, but you’ll be amazed at how many people don’t do this!
You need to create a plan and begin taking action. Start writing out a plan of how you will achieve all that you want. The plan doesn’t need to be perfect.
Be Flexible Now, once you know what you want and have a plan around how to make it happen, always keep in mind that your plan is not written in stone. This is important. Be flexible with your plan
This is the opportunity to analyse the situation, learn the lesson, and then re-adjust your plan and/or goal accordingly
Trust the process. Don’t be deflated when you hit roadblocks. They are mere messages being sent, “Alert! You took a wrong turn, adjust your path accordingly and continue forward.” That’s all.
The inner work is a critical part of this Miracle Blueprint.
If you’re going through a difficult time in your life right now and you are in that “misery” state, you may not believe me. You may be thinking something like this, “Wait a second, the misery I’m feeling right now is because of my current situation. I just lost my job and I’m about to be evicted from my apartment. Pretty soon, I’ll be homeless. That’s what’s making me feel miserable.”
It’s not the external situation that’s causing your suffering. It’s your thoughts about the situation that are causing your suffering.
946. Let me use the moto html pages to make some simple Amazon sites without the PA API
947. Daily AAI:
- Start your pdf for the day.
- put all your writing for the day in this document (except spins)
- Choose a KWP for the day.
- Create a money page.
- Select a blog to post the money page to.
- individual new page or add to curated page
- put in links
- change title and permalinks if necessary
- promote using add to any
- Plurk - copy url and post
- Twitter - tweet
- Digg - submit url
- Facebook - post to a page you manage
- Google+ - copy sentence from post, then post to your site
- diigo - highlight sentence, add tag, put quotes around kwps
- VK - add comment and post
- tumblr - add tag and post
948. Dreams Of Freedom And Openness
“In the face of this, Berners-Lee and other internet activists have long been dreaming of a digital utopia where individuals control their own data and the internet remains free and open. But for Berners-Lee, the time for dreaming is over. “We have to do it now. It’s a historical moment,” he has said. Ever since revelations emerged that Facebook had allowed people’s data to be misused by political operatives, Berners-Lee has felt an imperative to get this digital idyll into the real world.”
For most of us, digital privacy - or public privacy for that matter - has long been gone. It’s not a fight I’m likely to join, no matter how much I believe it’s needed.
For WS and health of IBMs*, I need to develop a system of home based exercises for my ebook on health for old farts. No need for the gym unless you like the social side of working out.
When writing and publishing my daily pdf, I need to be one or two days ahead.
949. Day Job Killer
One of the biggest dreams of affiliate marketers everywhere is to earn enough money to tell their sorry ass boss to shove it.
- find a profitable product
- create a website
- market your product via facebook
- fill the orders
950. Efficient and Effective
On Monday, I will begin my new system for crushing diabetes and turning out 3,000 words a day of unique content.
I find myself with many small time units that could be put to good use.
McDonald’s has $1 coffee any size right now. How can you do better than that?
I’m considering cutting back on the number of words I write each day. I can get to 3,000, but I have neglected other aspects of an internet business. Like affiliate marketing. Video marketing. Even posting the 3,000 words.
I think it needs to cycle down to 1,000 words of random thoughts and 1,000 words of unique content.
That should free up time to spin articles.
I will start this program on Monday. It will include more than writing, but also diet and exercise.
Before Monday, I need to clean up my bedroom/workspace, wash the car, clear more brush and bamboo, clean the bathroom, and visit the Salvation Army to drop off stuff.
I think I need to go back to my old article marketing strategy and ditch the bullshit that’s not working.
The base of my business now should not be on writing books before their time. It should be as follows:
- 600 - 800 word article
- original posted on one of my blogs
- save all original articles on Google Drive
- repurpose in ebooks
- if longer than 800 words, start 2nd article
- full articles posted on free blog and websites
- intro and conclusion used to post in SM
- spun title
- spun KWPs
- spin links to my blogs and articles
- link to TLDs
- link to estores
- create original images in Pixamattic
- create videos
- use parts of the article to create animation videos
- link to the original article
- develop a posting schedule
ChkLines - Content Marketing
Creating unique content is the foundation of Internet marketing for any individual wanting to create an authority site in any niche.
Why is it so often ignored? It’s hard.
Here is a walk down a content marketing path. You don’t need to go in order. Take advantage of areas where you need help or review.
Standing out from the crowd is harder and more complicated than ever before. Millions of blogs have been created, but most of them have not had fresh content in the past year.
You can either spend tons of money to brand your site and get your products in
front of your target audience, or you can start a solid content marketing
plan absolutely free or for a nominal cost.
For Walkabout Solopreneurs, you will have to invest time instead of money. It’s one or the other, but I expect that most people reading this are writers anyway who want to learn to repurpose and monetize their work before that monster book deal comes in.
Your online content will build your brand and establish trust with your readers. Chances are you will be creating gobs of unique content for free which can create a list of potential buyers for your major works.
With content marketing, you can inject your personality into your content and make it unique solely to your brand. If your niche is narrow, you can become the world’s go to expert. Without that trust, selling is tough.
Once you build that trust, you can go to your fans and find out what they actually want from you. Many a time, your readers can guide you on the path to a full time income.
- Define your purpose. Your site could be as simple as a review site for marketing affiliate products to getting leads for your brick and mortar business to an authority site for publishing your major works.
- Research your audience. Who are your readers? What is the profile of your ideal customer? What problems and pains do they have that you can relieve?
- Who is your buyer? Create a persona of your target audience. What is the age, gender, and income level? What would be your elevator speech to this person?
- Article ideas. I like brainstorming (although it’s often more storming than brain) a list of article ideas for my new site. Some people now go for quality over quantity, but you need both in the beginning.
- Valuable content. Competition with millions of other blogs requires that your articles and posts stand out. Given that most content is either highly authoritative (Mayo Clinic, CNN) or total garbage, you can seize the middle ground and ease your customer’s pain.
- Check what’s popular and trending. Find a way to connect your niche to the recent events. There may be new techniques you can get in front of.
- Use content idea generators. You can just use Google if you wish. Notice how Google puts search suggestions on the results page. Some like “solopreneur vs entrepreneur” or “solopreneur vs freelance” are custom made for articles, and Google already thinks they are valuable searches.
- Keyword Research. Millions of words have been written on this subject. It’s getting harder and harder to find the right free tools. Long tail keyword phrases are harder than ever to rank for, and Google does not even consider the keyword meta tag in its search algorithm.
You can try Keywords Everywhere or:
- Content Titles and Outlines. As much as possible, you want keywords in your content’s headers and subheaders to make some SEO points this way. Always use keyword phrases as part of a title.
- Content calendar. This is an old magazine strategy of mapping out a timeline for creating your content. Consistency and organization are important aspects of your content marketing strategy. Without a calendar, your strategy may end up in complete chaos. You may find yourself procrastinating and distracted from your content marketing goals.
- Using Google Calendar:
- in the cloud, so you can open in multiple devices
- simple and clean
- can use multiple calendars and multiple colors
- works with a team
- Create your website. For most people, this means a self-hosted Wordpress blog. You can find any number of free websites and blogs online, but you don’t own the content that you put on them. Find a reliable web host and control your content.
- Wordpress. Wordpress is the go to CMS available free. There is no need for a solopreneur to use anything else.
- all major web hosting companies have a one-click install of Wordpress
- look to YouTube for instructions - thousands of videos available for every detail
- thousands of free and paid themes and plugins allow unlimited customization
- Suggested Wordpress plugins:
- Set up your mailing list. To begin, you can set up a free account with MailChimp. It has some limits. If you want, you can choose among many paid autoresponders.
- Start writing your articles and posts.
- write when you are most productive (for me, early morning when everyone else is asleep)
- close all non-productive tabs in your browser
- can use speed writing techniques for your posts if you wish
- work in 25 minute bursts with 5 minute breaks
- write first, research later - verify your facts - add links
- aim for 1-3 articles a day of about 800 to 1200 words each
- write fast, edit after posting to your blog
- spend time tweaking the title
- edit your opening and closing sentences with an eye toward social bookmarking
- proofread your articles - spellcheckers make it easy to miss mistakes
- add images and videos to your articles
- Set up your social media accounts. There are hundreds to choose from, but you want to begin with the heavy hitters. With social media, you can quickly get the word out about your brand or business. Social media can also build quality backlinks to your blog.
- Repurposing content. You want to make multiple use of your content. Short posts can be turned into animated videos. You can also create podcasts or your own talking head videos if you are comfortable. Short blurbs can be spun that link to your main articles.
- Publish only high quality content on your site. I use repurposed content on Web 2.0 sites (usually free) that provide some SEO juice back to my blog - not on my main site.
- Lumen 5. With this program (free or paid), you can turn your blog posts into videos.
- Video Sharing. While the number of sites tends to go down, video sharing is a great way to brand your site and obtain backlinks.
- Social media graphics. Many programs exist to assist you in creating your own graphics. When posting a comment to Facebook and other social media, unique images are a scene stealer, and easier than ever to create.
- Podcasting. Podcasts are more popular than ever. You don’t need to be tied to your computer to listen to podcasts. Instead of TV in the background, I will often load a podcast in a different tab to listen while checking email or doing some small task. You can also stream or download episodes on your phone and then listen to it while you’re on the go.
- Infographics. Infographics done right can attract a significant number of high quality backlinks from established websites. Let’s face it, infographics give you a ton of info in a small, graphic package. Brands can pay hundreds or even thousands of dollars for a professional graphic designer to create their infographics. Google loves them, and they often rank high in the SERPs.
- Creating your own ebooks. Free ebooks have long been the bait to entice visitors to subscribe to your newsletter or to join your email list. You want to pack your eBook with value so people will feel compelled to sign up for your list in order to download your eBook.
- Set up Google Analytics. Tracking your content marketing efforts is critical. You must know which of your marketing tactics attract visitors, and which are a waste of time.
- Google Analytics is 100% free
- you can access your statistics from anywhere
- if you choose, you can download a GA app for your smartphone
- data and insights about your site
- find out how visitors access your information
- Publish your content. You have no doubt been doing this already. Using Wordpress and the Yoast plugin, optimize your articles and posts for SEO. Add images and videos. Make it look good, and professional.
- Page builders abound on the Internet. The editor built into Wordpress works for me, but decide for yourself. Decide if you are a writer or a designer.
- Publish content on Social Media. You can publish content directly, but I like posting a sentence or two and linking to the full article on my blog. This can be automated with a plugin like Add-to-Any. The plugin adds a share button that anyone visiting your site can use to share or bookmark your content.
- keep social media social
- this is not the place to pound friends with affiliate links
- try to get visitors to click thru to your blog
- keep it short and sassy
- funny works
- videos attract the most attention
- ideal way to build an organic fan following
- you can use paid ads on some sites like Facebook, but start free
- publish comments on other social media profiles
- Guest post on other authority sites. Guest posting simply means writing on someone else’s blog (preferably a more established brand with a good number of followers) or submitting an article to the blogger for the site to publish. It’s great for increasing your brand’s exposure and building relationships with big dog influencers in your niche.
- look for closely related sites
- make sure your proposed guest post is highest quality and demonstrates your expertise
- you get a quality backlink to your site
- usually easy to contact blog owners via social media
- you can become known to the owners by posting comments before requesting to guest post
- Work the social influencers. Not every niche has a Kim Kardashian, but many do. Social influencers are basically brands with a considerable following on social media. Influencers exist on all kinds of social platforms. Big influencers may want money or special deals to help you. Make sure it’s worth your while.
- if the person is not well known to you, use caution
- Google them to make sure they are real
- send samples of any product you sell to the influencer
- if you have affiliates selling your products, give the influencer a sweetheart deal
- make sure the influencers followers are real - many people inflate or fake their following
- make sure the community is active
- Blog Commenting. Commenting on blog and forum posts is not as popular as it once was, but done well, it’s a good way to get visitors to your site. Forums have largely been replaced by Facebook and LinkedIn groups, but Google still ranks their comments high in the SERPs.
- make sure your comments add value
- don’t make spammy comments like “nice post” or “awesome”
- make sure your comments are in line with the original content
- most comments will give you a backlink to your site
- comments on popular sites can get buried, so subscribe to their RSS feed to be notified of new posts
- use your full name in comments - credibility and branding
- Reach out to other websites and ask them to feature your content. I prefer to do this once some relationship has already been established.
- Broken Link Method. If you find a broken or dead link in an otherwise decent article, email the blogger and suggest an alternative link. Preferably a link to something on your site. Replacing a dead link helps them improve their site.
Content marketing is all about developing a system that fits what works today and what you will actually do.
It doesn’t help if you try to do things that you hate doing. You might hate creating a list and email bombing subscribers with an autoresponder. Then don’t do it. Create a Facebook group or fan page and be a trusted friend.
You can still make money recommending products to visitors or selling your own ebooks.
You can teach anyone to be healthy and wealthy. Wise, not so much.
Wisdom comes from an inquiring mind asking the right questions. Power questions directed to the right people can open the windows of your mind.
The trouble with wisdom is that there is no finish lines. You always keep learning. It reminds me of a book title, If You Meet The Buddha On The Road, Kill Him. Evil can be disguised. No meaning or wisdom that comes from without us is real.
Learn by seeking to first understand yourself. Self-evaluation is so difficult. Mistakes from the past well up in our minds, whether or not these memories are accurate or not. Transparency begins at home.
Be humble in new situations. As Socrates said, "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."
Think before you act. In this fast paced world, taking time out to think is a luxury few of us avail ourselves to. Take as much time as you need to deliberate on a problem before making a decision.
Act according to your values. Learn from your mistakes.
“Knowledge is the accumulation of facts and information. Wisdom is the synthesis of knowledge and experiences into insights that deepen one’s understanding of relationships and the meaning of life. In other words, knowledge is a tool, and wisdom is the craft in which the tool is used.”