Happy birthday to Payeng V.
Congrats to Jace Paplow for being the individual section champion at 170. He along with five other TMB/WWG wrestlers advance to the state individual tournament on Friday.
Congrats to Jace and Gabe and the TMB/WWG wrestling team for winning the section championship last Saturday. State team wrestling will be on Thursday, Feb 28 at St. Paul. Times: 11:00 and 1:00.
State Wrestling info: State wrestling tickets will go on sale at WWG on Tuesday. Wrestling is at 11:00 and 1:00 on Thursday. The fan bus will leave Tracy at 6:30 am.
Webcast: The tournament will be streamed live and free of charge at www.prepspotlight.tv
Radio: KNUJ 860 AM/97.3 FM will be covering State Wrestling on Thursday. Coverage times: 11am, 1pm, 5pm, 7pm
Coverage is also available online at knuj.net – click on the “Listen Live” icon on the upper right or download KNUJ and SAM 107 apps and listen on your mobile device. Access Apps by going to knuj.net and click on the “Listen Live” icon and it will direct you to download apps.
Buy state wrestling clothing! Click here: https://pantherstatewrestling2019.itemorder.com/
Congrats to the boys basketball team on winning all three games over Adrian last night. The varsity finished the regular season at 19-7. They play at 4:00 at Worthington on Saturday.
SNOW DAYS - There is always a price to pay.
There will be a full day of school at WWG on Monday, March 25.
Because of missed days this quarter, Quarter 3 will now end on Friday, March 29, 2019, with quarter 4 beginning on Monday, April 1.
Early Dismissal --
01. Lunch Today: Mini Corn dogs, baked beans, mixed green salad, fruit, milk
Breakfast tomorrow: Cinnamon roll, fruit, juice, milk
Lunch tomorrow: Lasagna, corn, lettuce salad, garlic toast, fruit, milk.
02. College/Military Reps:
Wed. Feb. 27, SE TECH., 9:00 am
03. LIFE 101/DYNAMIC READING NOTES:
Tues., 3/5 P6b - Dynamic Reading, P6a
Fri., 3/8 - Life 101, 8:25-9:15.
04. FFA NEWS:
05. SENIOR NEWS:
SENIORS have you applied for the scholarships at the college you have chosen to go to? www.ohe.state.mn.us/mnscholarships
06. Scholarship Deadlines
Feb 28, Walnut Grove Area Foundation
March 1, MN Soybean Processors
March 7- WWG Local Area Scholarship
March 8- Redwood Electric- Operation Roundup (Redwood County)
March 15, Missouri River Energy Svc.
March 15, American Legion Auxiliary
March 20, LIW Pageant for any senior who has participated in the LIW pageant. Get appl. From the HS office.
April 1, American Legion
07. Cyber Nation: How the Digital Revolution is Changing Society
Digital technology now connects people to each other and to all the world's information everywhere and is changing our lives.
08. Juniors interested in Boys’ or Girls’ State, turn in your paperwork no later than March 12. The office has informative handouts.
09. Kiwanis will be serving a BBQ and potato dinner from 5-7 on Mon., 3/4/19, in the lunchroom.
10. Tues., 3/12 - Per state requirement, the 7th graders will be taking CPR/AED training. These 8th graders will also need to be there Kole C, Izzy R and Tyjenae S-H. Meet in the health room first (Mrs. Ross) and then we will go to the gym. This will take most of the period.
11. Senior High Knowledge Bowl - Practice will be EVERY FRIDAY.
12. Wed., 2/27 - 8:20-9:20 AM - Tessera Testing for Grade 7-11
7th Grade--Room 120 (Merrick)
8th Grade--Room 117 (Sandbulte)
10th Grade--(Byers through Swenhaugen: Media Center Computer Lab)
10th Grade--(Taylor through Yang: Media Center)
11th Grade--Tech Campus Science Room
13. Minnesota Honor Society
Appeals notified by 2/27
MHS induction ceremony on Mar. 4 in conjunction with music concert.
14. Speech - Practices are in Westbrook on Wednesdays at 3:30-5:30 or in Walnut Grove on Thursdays at 3:30-5:30. See Mrs. Caygle to schedule another time, if needed.
Practice Thurs (2/28) 3:30-5:30. This is a change in our regular schedule.
Ben Larsen pick up t-shirt
Luverne Tournament 3/2 - Bus leaves WG at 6:40, LB at 6:55, WB at 7:25.
15. Spring Play Schedule
16. Community Blood Bank blood drive will be at WWG HS on Mon., 3/4. 11:00-2:00 & 3:00-5:00.
Sign up at the HS office.
You must be 17 (16 w/parent permission. Get form from office), be in good health, and weigh at least 110 lbs.
Please, students and staff, come out and save a life!!! With all the weather cancellations we are at high needs for blood donors!!!
17. FCA will meet during lunch on Wednesday, February 27.
18. It's PIZZA TIME. The sophomores are selling Little Caesars Pizza. The turn in date for all Soph is 3/15. Orders will be delivered 3/26.
Please have checks made out to WWG class of 2021.
Sophomores: Mr. Merrick has extra pizza brochures and envelopes to keep the money collected in. Please see. Remember, your goal should be 7 sold. At 17 you make over $100!
01. Weekly Progress Reports are due on Wednesdays. Reports are printed by 7:45 AM on Thursdays.
02. Please have your February Time cards / Timesheets completed and signed by this Thursday. Thanks, Jane
Thurs., 2/26 - Gr. 4-6 Concert.
Mon., 3/4 - ECFE at WB, 5:30.
WEEKLY CALENDAR OF EVENTS
Sat. 3/2-BB Sections: WWG boys basketball will play the winner of RRC/Edgerton on Saturday, March 2 at 4:00 at Worthington High School in Section 3A South. Bus leaves WB at 11:15. Cheer team leaves WB at 2:00.
Mon., 3/4 - P/T Conf. at the HS, 3:05-7:00.
7-12 Concert and Honor Society induction, 7:00.
Thurs., 3/7 - BB Sections
Sat., 3/9 - BB Sections