Today is Patriot Day -- We remember the victims of 9/11 and those who are still suffering the health effects they incurred in the aftermath.
Happy birthday to Casey B.
01. Lunch today: Chicken alfredo, breadstick, lettuce salad, fruit, milk
Breakfast tomorrow: Cinnamon rolls, fruit, juice, milk
Lunch tomorrow: French Toast sticks, scrambled eggs, hash brown, peppers/onions, juice, fruit, milk
Lunch for New Students -- All students in grades 7-12 who are new to the WWG district are invited to a special lunch in the media center on Friday 9/13. We will have pizza and pop and hopefully some dessert! Student council members will also be there to welcome you. Any questions, see Mrs. Dibble.
02. College/Military Reps:
Monday - Homeroom location-Check in Day
Tuesday - Dynamic Reading locations
Wednesday - Class meetings for all grades. Go directly to your class meeting areas.
12th gr. meets in Mrs. Byers room
11th gr. meets in the cafeteria
10th gr. meets in Mr. Merrick’s room
9th gr. meets in Mrs. Kletscher’s room
8th gr. meets in Mrs. Ross’ room
7th gr. meets in Mrs. Bonnstetter’s room
Thursday - Habitudes Day - meet in gym this week
Friday - Guest Speaker, please check in at these locations
Gr. 7-8 in Media Center
Gr. 9-10 in lunch room
Gr. 11-12 to the gym, check in with Mr. W.
All students will go to their homeroom following the assembly.
We’ll begin P1 at 10:19 and follow a 2 hr late schedule through the rest of the day.
04. FFA NEWS:
Mountain Lake shoot Saturday, Sept 14 leave time currently is 1 PM. Will let you know if it changes.
05. SENIOR NEWS:
Seniors will be meeting individually with Mrs. Ourada for an approx. 30 minute senior interview on Sept. 16, 17, and 19.
06. Scholarship Deadlines
07. Students wanting to take the Oct. 26, ACT, the registration deadline is Sept. 20. Register online at www.act.org. Our high school code is 242665.
08. FCA - FCA will have its first meeting in Mrs. Byers' room during lunch on Wednesday, Sept 11. Come eat with us and see what it's all about!
09. SPORTS UPDATE --
10. WWG Homecoming
Theme is “Born in the 2000s”.
Voting for Queen & King will take place on Fri., 9/20.
Dress Up Days
Mon, 9/23 - Meme Day
Tues.,9/24 - Yeehaw Day
Wed., 9/25 - “On Wednesdays We Wear Pink” from Mean Girls
Thurs., 9/26 - Dress Like Your Favorite Childhood Character
Fri., 9/27 - Spirit Day
11. Musical Practice --
Wed., 9/11 - 3:30-6:00
Thurs., 9/12 - 3:30-6:00
Fri., 9/13 - 3:30-6:00
Sat., 9/14 - 6:00-8:30 PM
Fall Musical - “No Strings Attached” performance dates.
Thurs., 9/19 - perform for elementary, 2:00 PM.
Fri., 9/20 - perform for HS, 9:50 AM.
Sat., 9/21 - public performance, 7:30 PM
Sun., 9/22 - public performance, 2:00 PM
12. Schedule of events for Fri., 9/20.
9:50 - Musical performance for all HS students
11:40 - Lunch
11:45 - B & C VB team bus leaves
12:15 - Student buses leaves for RRC. All 7-12 students will attend.
2:30 - Student buses leave Lamberton for WB.
13. Are you interested in helping the community and the environment? Does the idea of a Rain garden and recycling upgrade interest you? How about Black Out Day or collecting pop tabs? Then talk to Mr. Merrick about joining a group of students helping the environment. This group will meet periodically during Study Hall times or during lunch. We also have a chance at competing in state competitions. The group will be put together soon. All you need to do is see Mr. Merrick.
14. VIOLIN LESSONS WILL BEGIN ON THURS., 9/19. Meet with Tiffany in the choir room right after school. If want to continue lessons, begin lessons, or just have questions, stop by and speak with Tiffany.
15. Friday, 9/13 - Guest Speaker - Grade 12 will check in with Mr. W. in the gym. Grades 7-11 will check into your Friday study hall area, then report to the gym at 8:28.
16. NWEA testing for grades 7-11 will be on Sept. 18 & 19.
17. Music Boosters is serving a meal before the football game this Friday. The meal consists of a pulled pork sandwich, bag of chips, bar, and a bottle of water for $7. The meal will be served from 5:30-7:00 pm.
01. Weekly Progress Reports are due on Wednesdays. Reports are printed by 7:45 AM on Thursdays.
02. Bus Drivers Safety Training/Basic Training
Wed., 9/11/19 at Westbrook Comm. Ctr.
5:45-6:15 PM - registration and meal
Mon., 9/16 - School Board at WB, 7:00 PM
ECFE in WB, 5:30 PM
WEEKLY CALENDAR OF EVENTS
Thurs., 9/12 - VB (Parents’ Night), HBC at WB, 4:45. Pep Band plays. Supervisor-Theisen, Concessions-Juniors, Conc. Supervisor-L. Lee
JH VB at Slayton, 4:30. Bus leaves WB at 3:30.
Fri., 9/13 - FB (Parent’s Night), RRC at WB, 7:00. Pep Band plays. Supervisor-Woitalewicz, Concessions-Music Boosters, Conc. Supervisor-Nelson/Cuff
SCR, New Ulm at Tracy 5:00. Ride leaves WB at 3:15
Sat., 9/14 - VB at Jackson Trny, 8:30 AM. Bus leaves WB at 7:10 AM.
**CANCELLED**JH VB at Marshall Trny, 8:30 AM
FFA Trap Shoot at Mtn. Lake. Bus leaves WB at 1:00 PM.
Mon., 9/16 - JH FB (4:30) and JV FB (5:45) at Mtn. Lake.
SCR, Worthington at Tracy, 5:00.
Tues., 9/17 - JH VB at Tracy, 4:00.
Thurs., 9/19 - SCR, RLB at Tracy, 5:00.
VB at Edgerton, 4:45.
JH VB at Echo, 4:30.
Fri., 9/20 - VB at Lamberton, 1:00 PM. Bus leaves at 11:45.
FB at Nicollet, 7:00.
FFA State Trap Shoot.
Sat., 9/21 - JH VB, WWG Jamboree at WB, 8:30 AM.
HS Musical, public performance, 7:30 PM.
FFA State Trap Shoot
Sun., 9/22 - HS Musical, public performance, 2:00PM.