CHANGES TO OBJECTIVES 2019 - AGM 06-04-2019 ITEM 8i
- To promote ringing for Divine Service.
- To promote the recruitment and training of bellringers and to advance the Art of (Scientific) Change Ringing.
- To provide communication between ringers and to promote social activities.
- To work with Parochial Church Councils (by providing advice, practical assistance and financial assistance via a bell repair fund) towards the goal that all bells hung for full circle ringing within the Diocese of Derby should be in good ringable order and where necessary to support augmentation projects and the installation of new full circle rings.
- To extend the appreciation of bellringing among the public.
- Supporting local ringers and bands in order to maintain ringing for church services.
2. Promoting the Art of Change Ringing by:
a. Providing training for ringers and assisting with recruitment;
b. Helping ringers improve their standard of ringing;
c. Raising the profile of ringing with the Church and the wider community;
d. Encouraging ringing for national and local events.
3. Providing communication and supporting social interaction between members.
4. Supporting the care, restoration and augmentation of bells and their fittings by providing advice as well as practical and financial assistance.
Proposed by Don Jones
Seconded by Jane Boden