REMOTE EARLY EDUCATION RESOURCES
This is a compilation of other organizations and places that support families with remote early education resources. Please contact them directly for details and to confirm hours and procedures. Follow the Bachman Lake Together Facebook page to stay connected with resources for the well-being of you and your family.
Special thanks to all the organizations that are still open and supporting the foundation of everything – The Family!
Reading Partners North Texas and Bright by Text
- Text the word READ to 274448. You will be prompted to sign up, which takes less than a minute.
- Receive automatic text messages twice a week with a curriculum to help improve literacy while at home.
- The text and information are in English and Spanish for children ages five to ten years old.
KERA and Bright by Text
- Text the word LEARN to 274448. You will be prompted to sign up, which takes less than a minute.
- Receive automatic text messages with free activities, games, and resources for parents and caregivers of children under 8
- The text and information are in English and Spanish.
KERA: TV for At-Home Learning: https://learn.kera.org/?utm_source=wordfly&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=20200327-Education-News-%26-Happenings&utm_content=version_A
- From 6 am to 6 pm, KERA will broadcast television programs specially selected for at-home learning. Programs for Pre-K through 3rd grade will air from 6 am to 8 am.
- Links are also available to digital resources to supplement what students learn from the programs.
VROOM Brain Building: https://www.vroom.org/
- Free, science-based tips and tools help parents and caregivers give children a great start in life today—and an even better future!
- App available on phone or tablet; available in English and Spanish
- Vroom by Text: weekly customized tips
- Printable tips
Uplift Education’s Pre-K through 2nd Grade Online Learning: https://www.uplifteducation.org/Page/16924
- Uplift students can access daily videos that align with paper packets sent to their homes
- This page also lists educational television programming and online learning and enrichment resources
- Some of these resources are available to all students in the community
Dallas ISD At-Home Learning Guide: https://sites.google.com/dallasisd.org/athomelearningplans/home
- Elementary School Students may continue their learning through public TV broadcasting programs, grade specific at home learning activities and/or recommended online resources.
Remember that if any of these resources worked for you, you can share them with your family, friends, and neighbors taking in account the recommendations of “social distancing.”
Bachman Lake Together