Are you ready to sell?
This can be a stressful time for you. But a good real estate agent should be able to minimize that. People think you have to have a seasoned agent in order to get the highest price. This is not necessarily true. A rookie that has a good team that will come alongside them can be worth their weight in gold.
- Ask for a presentation before signing with any agent.
- Make sure they can back their suggested list price with actual numbers. You want to see a Comparative Market Analysis. The price you enter the market with is very important.
- I suggest you hire an agent that will only be representing you and not also the buyer.
- You want to know how your house will be marketed. Your agent needs to have also done their research on the selling features of your particular home.
- A pre-approval letter should accompany all offers.
- A common mistake that many sellers make is spending too much time and money on things that don’t matter when preparing their home to sell. Your agent should be able to help you prepare your home.
- Declutter your home. Buyers want to be able to visualize their belongings in your home.
- Read your contract before signing. How long do you want to work with this agent?
- I suggest not being home during showings. Let buyers feel comfortable.