Published using Google Docs
Board Meeting Minutes 3/13/2019.
Updated automatically every 5 minutes

Minutes for Joslin Memorial Library Board Meeting

​​​6:00 P.M.  Joslin Memorial Library

​​​  Wednesday, March 13, 2019


Present:  Jean Joslin, Sally Reisner, Trish Read, David Babic, Carol Hosford, Anna Church, Liz LaFerriere


Additions or Deletions:


-Trustee Training – April 11 6:00 p.m.

                                                 -Review percentage of patrons from 2 towns

                                                 -Vote on town office as new venue for postings


 Approve Draft Minutes:

                                                 Approved as amended


Friends of the Library Report


The Friends signed up for a program through the New Hampshire Astronomy group.    Katie will train with this group to be able to present evening sky watching.

Friends will decide this month whether or not to send out a request for funds.


Children’s Librarian’s Report

Anna presented a report outlining upcoming events.  Wrenn Compere will help do a special  “Opening event” for the children.  Three libraries will collaborate for the summer program.



Old Business –Renovations Overview

-Special thank you efforts: Discussion ensued.  


Carol and Jean will follow up.


-Publicity and Celebration:


                      Trish suggested having more than one celebration targeting different groups of patrons and friends.

Katie has ideas on our first celebration, which we plan to do in May.

                      There will be a special Board of Trustees meeting April 4th at 6:00 p.m. at the library to work on the celebration.

Liz will approach Friends about what role they might play in our


                      Jean will approach Scouts about cleanup efforts in May prior to our first celebration.



                                                  New Business

                      -Closing of old credit card.


Jean moved to close the Bank of America card ending in digits 7154 and Trish seconded.  Approved unanimously.


                      -Approach to review of policies/5 year plan.


The Board decided to hear the VLA person before undertaking the review. We will ask Katie for priorities.


President’s Report:


Jean will send May 22nd info to group regarding the Vermont Library Association meeting at UVM.

Vermont Health Connect sent a letter about Katie’s insurance.  David will review.

We have passed all building inspections.  We also have an owner’s manual covering various systems.  The Board will review it with professional help.

Need to identify with a property management group. Trish suggested we do this on an as-needed basis rather than signing a contract.

Spring/summer projects:  Clean gutters and drains.

Money from capital campaign has been moved into our regular account.

Money from towns will come in by April 10th.

The Board needs to review 2017-2018 patronage numbers from Waitsfield and Fayston to make certain our assessments to the two towns are accurate.  Katie has these numbers.


Treasurer’s Report:

Sally reported on our balances in savings and checking.


Financial Report:


David reported that so far we are under budget;  this will change now that we’re up and running again.


The meeting closed at 8:10.


Respectfully submitted,

Carol Hosford, Secretary