Subscriber Data Privacy Notice
This version of our Subscriber Data Privacy Notice became effective on 24 November 2020.
From time to time we will need to update this notice. Where changes are significant we’ll let all our subscribers know by sending an email to all Account Owners.
Who are we?
We are UneeQ: We provide a technology platform which is the global standard for digital humans- enabling the best creative minds to design and build amazing experiences that improve human life.
We, our or us: When we say we, us, or our we mean UneeQ Limited and its wholly owned subsidiaries. Our headquarters are in New Zealand but we have teams across the US, Australia and Europe too, made up of incredible and experienced AI practitioners, scientists, inventors, developers, quality experts, project managers, marketers and dreamers.
More information: If you want to learn more about us then you can visit our website and see how you can contact us, or where our nearest office to you is.
Our privacy principles
- Do the right thing: We want to do the right thing when it comes to privacy. This means we not only adhere to privacy law but we do what people would expect of us.
- Transparency: We want to be clear with our subscribers and with End Users (people who interact with digital humans) how our Platform processes Personal Data.
- Secure: We want our system to be the best it can be and part of that is securely processing the information that we do, including any Personal Data.
Types of Personal Data Processed
There are 2 broad categories of personal data that we process:
- User Data: which is information collected and generated about End Users’ interactions with a digital human using our Platform.
- Subscriber Data: which is information we collect about current and prospective subscribers through our website, by our sales team, or provided to us through the process of signing up to use our Platform.
The Privacy Notice is focused on our processing of Subscriber Data. If you wish to understand more about our processing of User Data we have a specific Privacy Notice for this also.
Subscriber Data we collect
- Information you provide to us: You may provide us Subscriber Data such as your name, email address, phone number when signing up for an account to use our Platform, exchanging information with our team at an event, or filling out a form on our website to receive more information or to contact us.
- Information an Account Owner provides to us: You may be granted access to our Platform by an account owner or someone else who is authorised. During this process they may provide us Subscriber Data including your email address.
- Information we collect automatically: Our website digitalhumans.com collects some information automatically when you visit. This includes what pages you looked at and links you clicked on. Some of this information is collected using cookies or other similar tracking approaches.
- Information we get from third parties: Whilst we collect most Subscriber Data directly from you, we may also collect data about you from other sources such as publicly available information, or from trusted third parties like marketing and research partners. We use this information to supplement and ensure the accuracy of the data we already hold about you.
How we use Subscriber Data
Our interest in using your Subscriber Data is because we are required to by contract to provide you our Services, because we have your consent to use it, or have a legitimate interest in that data. Specifically we use it to:
- Providing you access to our Platform: We use it to enable you to register, login and access our Platform, use it to invoice you and support you if you have technical questions about our Platform.
- Communicating with you: We also use it to communicate to you important information about our Platform, to provide you information you have requested, and also send marketing communications. You are always able to control what types of communications you receive from us.
- Improving our digitalhuman.com website: We use it to understand how people are using our website digitalhumans.com and how we can improve it to provide a better experience for visitors.
- For marketing purposes: We use Subscriber Data to display targeted advertising to you online, on our own websites, or through third party websites and their platforms.
How we share your data
There will be times when we need to share your Subscriber Data with third parties. This data will only be shared with:
- Third party service providers who provide functionality on our digitalhumans.com website, help us invoice or communicate with you, or support us in our marketing and promotion of our Platform to you. You can read about these service providers at digitalhumans.com/sub-processors
- Regulators, law enforcement bodies, government agencies, courts or third parties where we think it’s necessary to comply with applicable laws or regulations or to exercise, establish or defend our legal rights. Where possible and appropriate, we will notify you of this type of disclosure.
- An actual or potential buyer (and its agents and advisors) in connection with an actual or proposed purchase, merger or acquisition of any part of our business.
- Other people where we have your consent.
Where we process data
Data transfers: When we share data, it may be transferred to, and processed in, countries other than the country you live in (such as the United States) where many of our third party service providers are located. In all cases we put safeguards in place to ensure your data remains protected.
Transfers outside of Europe: For individuals in the European Economic Area (EEA), this means that your data may be transferred outside of the EEA. Where Subscriber Data is transferred outside the EEA, it will only be transferred to countries that have been identified as providing adequate protection for EEA data (like New Zealand), or to a third party where we have approved transfer mechanisms in place to protect your Personal Data – for example, by entering into the European Commission’s Standard Contractual Clauses.
How we keep it secure
Our approach: We employ a number of technical measures and processes to protect your personal data. These security measures are different depending on the type of data and what we are using it for but you can read more details about these security measures.
Service providers: We also take steps to ensure our service providers also have appropriate security measures in place to protect any personal data they are processing on our behalf.
You are always welcome to contact us at email@example.com if you have questions about our Privacy Notice or your Personal Data. You can ask us:
- What data we may hold about you
- To send a copy of any data we hold about you
- To remove data we may hold about you
- To withdraw your consent to us processing your data in the future