Tairangi School Procedure Statement
EQUITY NAG 1 Curriculum
The following procedures are to be followed by the school:
- The different cultural backgrounds of students will be respected and recognised. The school will value the importance of the cultural diversity of its learning community. The acknowledgement of the wairua of the Treaty of Waitangi will take place throughout the school.
- Every classroom will provide programmes in all essential learning areas that every child will have the opportunity to fully participate in. Priority will be given to literacy and numeracy programmes, especially in Years 1 – 4. Other curriculum areas will be covered over time in accordance with implementation documents.
- Resources will be selected bearing in mind the learning needs and background of the students. For some identified students, their family’s religious beliefs will also need to be taken into account in the selection of resources and topics.
- Learning programmes which cater for specific individual needs will operate within the school.
- The school will seek the help of outside agencies to assist with meeting students learning needs.
File:equity1.doc Procedure Statement - Equity