OFFICE & SALES COORDINATOR
Montclair Brewery is a beer production brewery and tap room located in Montclair, New Jersey. We are all about excellent beer, being a great place to work, and being a valuable part of our community.
We’re looking for a self-motivated office & sales coordinator to assist the office operations of our growing business. Candidate will provide critical support to the General Manager and Head Brewer to ensure organization of the business and to help support sales. If you are an organized, self-motivated, go-getter and looking to be a part of a casual, flexible and entrepreneurial environment, you have found the right place.
The office & sales coordinator is a self-motivated, energetic and professional person who will coordinate all office tasks while being a key ambassador of our growing customer base, community and brand to help drive sales. Our ideal candidate has administrative experience and strong communication skills in a business environment. A knowledge of the craft beer industry and the Montclair community is a plus.
Responsibilities and Expectations
- Communicate with customers, employees, and other individuals to answer questions, disseminate or explain information, take product and event orders, and address concerns
- Make sales calls and assist with creating sales and marketing materials & communications
- Prepare and deliver sales samples to prospective business customers
- Maintain and update files, inventory and product point of sales system and online menus
- Inventory and order materials, supplies, and services
- Data management and entry in accounting and brew management systems
- Review files, records, and other documents to obtain information to respond to requests
- Handle incoming mail, answer correspondence, and prepare outgoing mail
- Complete various types of business forms
- Manage and update various calendars, and arrange appointments
- Assist with facilitating day to day processes within the office and perform other tasks and duties as requested
- Keep the office maintained, clean and organized at all times
- Available to work 5 days a week, including Saturdays
Qualifications and Skills
- Self- starter, able to foresee what needs to be done & take the initiative
- Customer service and sales oriented
- Must have a passion and understanding for business
- Strong attention to detail with precise follow-through
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Intermediate to Advanced proficiency with Microsoft and/or Google applications
- Ability to handle deadlines and work in a high paced demanding environment
- Must be able to work independently
- Able to stay calm under pressure and maintain strong emotional balance
- Basic understanding of accounting is a plus
- Strong spelling, grammar and math skills
- Knowledge/ experience in craft beer is desired
The ideal candidate will also be or possess:
- Strong organizational skills; able to manage priorities and workflow
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Must have a strong willingness and ability to learn about craft beer business
- Sales and marketing experience
- Availability to be back-up beer server if needed
This is a full time position. Expected schedule of 5 days a week including Saturdays.
At MB, we are committed to an inclusive workplace and encourage diverse applicants to apply. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Please apply if you think you would be a great fit for this position or send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org