We provide a platform that allows you to connect and automate the APIs that you use. Whilst we’re based in the United States, we also have a wholly owned UK subsidiary (Plan.nr Ltd). Our staff in both countries work harmoniously together to provide our service and develop the platform.
We understand the importance of the data we collect on our customers and sensitivity of what our customers may want to use our platform for. We therefore take maximum precautions and provide full transparency of how we do this. Contact us for any (technical) questions on how we protect your data.
When you visit our website, we’ll place tracking cookies on your device for a number of reasons.
If you have expressed an interest in our products or platform, or you have signed up for an account, we may use the contact information you provided to better understand how we can tailor the service to you and better inform our team.
Your contact information may be shared with 3rd party services for the purpose of finding additional public data about you to aid our sales team or to provide a more tailored service. These 3rd parties act as data processors and will only be allowed to process this data based on our instructions for the purposes stated above.
- If you create an account with us, we may need extra personal data to ensure the security of your account. You may be asked to create a password which will not be viewable by us or provide an access token which won’t be usable by us.
- We may use your phone number or your email address to send direct or marketing emails in order to contact you about the use of the service or to promote services that we feel you will be interested in.
- Phone calls may be recorded for staff training or sales quality purposes.
The lawful basis for processing the personal data of Three60 Platform users is for the legitimate interest of our business. We will only process personal data in ways that our customers would expect of us in order to provide the service they’ve expressed interest in.
If you do not continue to become a customer of ours, then we will delete your data 1 year after signing up or expressing interest with us.
If you’re a customer and have a contract with us or are potentially going to become one, in addition to using your data in the ways mentioned above as a Three60 Platform user, we’ll need to collect data to process payments, provide support and monitor your usage of our services.
- This is to ensure you’re receiving the level of service you expect, to help us develop our platform even further or to do what’s necessary for you to become a customer of ours.
- 3rd party services may be used to aid this, such as customer support services like Intercom, payment services like Stripe, or Mixpanel to learn how you use our services.
- Whilst using our services, you may transfer personal data into our platform so that you can take advantage of our API automation. In order to do this, we’re likely to require authentication data like usernames, passwords, tokens. Authorised support staff are only able to view and use this data, with your permission, to provide support to your service.
The lawful basis for processing the personal data of Three60 Platform customers is for the performance of the contract we have in place, or in order to enter into a contract.
Most personal data will be deleted 1 month after you end your contract with us. However other non-sensitive personal data may be stored for up to 1 year after you end your contract with us. Data required for legal purposes, such as accounting data, will be stored for as long as legally required.
Like many companies, we use a number of 3rd party services to help us provide the service you expect. Whilst these services may require your personal data, we only allow these services to use it under strict conditions and we perform adequate due diligence on these companies and the countries they operate in.
We are headquartered in the United Kingdom and have service providers in other countries, and your personal information may be transferred to the United Kingdom, EU or other locations outside of your state, province, or country where privacy laws may not be as protective as those in your state, province, or country.
Users based in Europe should read the important information provided below about transfer of personal information outside of Europe.
The Service is not directed to, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from, anyone under the age of 16. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with information without their consent, he or she should contact us. We will delete such information from our files as soon as reasonably practicable. We encourage parents with concerns to contact us.
Under California Civil Code section 1798.83, California residents are entitled to ask us for a notice identifying the categories of personal customer information which we share with our affiliates and/or third parties for marketing purposes, and providing contact information for such affiliates and/or third parties. If you are a California resident and would like a copy of this notice, please submit a written request to us at Connectonic Ltd., 20 Elliot Close, Oadby, Leicester, LE2 4UN England, United Kingdom or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You must put the statement "Your California Privacy Rights" in your request and include your name, street address, city, state, and ZIP code. We are not responsible for notices that are not labeled or sent properly, or do not have complete information.
The information provided in this section applies to individuals in Europe and to any other individuals whose personal data is processed in the context of our operations in Europe. Please note that where we refer to “Europe”, we include the member states of the European Union and European Economic Area from time to time, and the United Kingdom.
We have appointed a Data Protection Officer, whose contact information is: email@example.com.
Legal bases for processing. We use your personal information only as permitted by law.
As the owner of your personal data, you have the right to:
- View, restrict the processing or update any personal data we hold about you. Please contact us to review, update or erase any personal data.
- Remove yourself from marketing by clicking the opt-out link at the bottom of any marketing email.
The data controller is Connectonic Ltd., 20 Elliot Close, Oadby, Leicester, LE2 4UN England, United Kingdom.
Should you wish to file a complaint regarding our use of your personal data, the supervisory authority for the UK is the Information Commissioner’s Office and can be reached at https://ico.org.uk.
This policy will be kept up-to-date inline with our processes. Minor amendments may be added to this policy without notice, whereas we will inform our customers of any significant changes. It was last updated on 1 May 2021.