Raspberry Almond Thumbprint Shortbreads
Adapted from Savving Room for Dessert
Yield - 48 cookies
1 1/2 cups (3 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
1 cup sugar
3/4 teaspoon almond extract
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extra
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 cups flour
3/4-1 cup seedless raspberry jam
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
3 teaspoons water
2 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- Add the butter to the bowl of a stand mixer with a paddle attachment. Beat until creamy. Add the sugar and extracts and beat on high speed until light and fluffy. Scrape the bowl as needed.
- Add the flour and salt and mix until just combined. Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least one hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350 ˚F and line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Divide the dough into 48 balls and arrange 2 inches apart on baking sheets.
- Press down on each ball of dough to create a thumbprint. Fill each indentation with at least 1/4 teaspoon of jam.
- Bake for 15 minute or until the edges just begin to brown. Let cool for 1 minute before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Whisk together the powdered sugar, water, and almond extract. Drizzle over the cooled cookies.
- Let the glaze harden before packaging.