Tairangi School - Crisis Management Plan
SMOKE-FREE ENVIRONMENT NAG 3 Personnel
NAG 5 Health & Safety
Tairangi is a smoke-free site.
- Smoking within the boundaries of Tairangi School is not permitted.
- People seen smoking will be asked to either extinguish their cigarette or remove themselves from the grounds.
- Children are forbidden to have any form of tobacco or lighting equipment at school.
- Children who are found to have cigarettes/matches etc at school will have them confiscated and the matter reported to their parents/caregivers.
- Children caught with cigarettes, matches/lighters at school will be put on to the school’s STEPs programme.
- Continued flouting of this rule will see the matter referred to the child’s family to deal with.
- All people using school grounds and buildings are required to follow these procedures.
- Employees wishing to smoke must remove themselves from the grounds and the immediate environs of the school before “lighting up”
- Complaints about the school smoke-free procedures are to be put into writing to the Principal who will deal with this within 20 days of receipt of complaint.
- The BOT will be informed of anyone who contravenes the school’s smoke-free policy and will take necessary action against those people.
File:smokefree35.doc Procedure Statement – Smoke-Free Environment