Cinnamon Nut Quick Bread
1/4 cup butter, melted
1/2 cup nuts (walnuts or pecans - I used walnut chips)
1 Tbsp cinnamon
1 cup sugar, divided
2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp salt
1 1/4 tsp Clabber Girl Baking Soda
3/4 cup milk
2 large eggs
1/4 cup shortening, melted
Equal parts cinnamon and sugar sprinkled over the top
1. Combine melted butter, nuts, cinnamon, and 1/2 cup sugar in small mixing bowl. Mix well together and set aside.
2. Add the other 1/2 cup or sugar, flour, salt, and Clabber Girl Baking Soda to a larger mixing bowl and whisk together until well blended.
3. Using a measuring cup add the apple cider vinegar and the milk.
4. Using a stand mixer or a large mixing bowl, add the eggs and the vinegar and beat together. Gradually add the melted shortening and stir together.
5. Add the dry ingredients half at a time and blend together well. Scrape the sides of the bowl so all bread batter is together in center.
6. Fold in the nut/cinnamon mixture to create a swirling effect, but not completely mixed within the batter.
7. Pour the batter in a well greased loaf pan and bake at 350 degrees for 45 to 55 minutes, until clean toothpick comes out.
8. Immediately after removing the loaf from the oven, gently rub butter over the top of the loaf for a light melted butter topping. Then sprinkle a light layer of cinnamon/sugar to finish off the bread.
9. Cool for 10 minutes, remove from loaf pan and continue cooling. Enjoy warm or cooled.