Mid-Shore Pride Festival will take place on Saturday, May 4, 2019 in Chestertown in Fountain Park. Festival Kick-off begins at 1:00 p.m. and ends at 4:00 p.m.
1. Each vendor is required to complete this contract to participate in the event.
2. The vendor’s registration fee is $30.00, payable by check to PFLAG Chestertown. Non-profit and informational organizations that do not sell food or merchandise are exempt from the fee. In addition, non-profit food vendors are exempt from this fee. Other vendors to please make checks payable to PFLAG Chestertown.
3. The signed contract, fee (if applicable), and insurance certificate must be returned to PFLAG Mid-Shore (Chestertown) by Monday, March 25, 2019.
Please send this to:
Treasurer PFLAG Mid-Shore, MD
Mid-Shore Pride Maryland Committee
914 Gateway Drive
Chestertown, MD 21620.
4. Streets will remain open during festival. Vendors may arrive on site by 12:00 p.m. to set-up, and are expected to remain until the festival closes at 4:00 p.m. We do not want clean-up activities to interfere with on-going event entertainment. Crowds are anticipated to arrive by 12:30 p.m. Vendors will increase their sales with an early set-up.
5. Each food vendor, regardless if non-profit or for-profit, is responsible for obtaining a $25.00 health permit from the Kent County Health Department, 125 South Lynchburg St., Chestertown, MD 21620, 410-778-1361. It is strongly recommended that vendors apply for their health permits at least two weeks in advance of the event (i.e. on or before April 17, 2019). You will be asked to provide the vendor’s tax-exempt certificate or Employer Identification Number (EIN) when applying. (The health permit fee is waived for all non-profit food vendors, however the requirement for the permit is not).
6. Each food vendor is also responsible for providing a current insurance certificate to Mid-Shore Pride, to be submitted with this returned contract on or before Monday, March 25, 2019. Please mark this to the attention of Lynn Brennan. Lack of insurance certificate at least one week prior to the event could impact the vendor’s participation in Mid-Shore Pride.
7. Each vendor shall provide ample battery-operated lamps for their booth and signs to advertise the offerings with prices clearly marked.
8. Each vendor is responsible for cleaning their booth and the surrounding area of everything except ice, which may be left in the street. Vendors may not discard any cooking oil in town; it must be removed at the end of the event.
9. There is only a limited availability of electrical hook-ups; vendors will be assigned an electrical hook-up on a first-come, first-served basis. Unless vendor has made prior arrangement with this Committee to utilize existing electrical hook-ups (see application below for requesting electrical hook-up.), vendor should be prepared to provide his or her own generator. Vendor must provide any needed extension cords.
10. For informational purposes, vendor designated space dimensions in the street are 4 ft. x 10 ft. area. Following submission of vendor applications (see below), vendor will be provided with a schematic site map designating the assigned space.
11. Mid-Shore Pride Committee Members and Volunteers will be available to assist vendors with locating their spaces during set-up. They will be identified with Committee / Volunteer T-shirts.
12. Vendors are encouraged to call or e-mail one of the Mid-Shore Pride Committee Members below if they require additional information or clarification prior to the event:
Lynn Brennan (732-599-5745 / email@example.com)
Claire Hansen (301-907-9315 / firstname.lastname@example.org)
The Mid-shore Pride Committee Looks Forward To Your Participation In This 1st Historic Event!
President, PFLAG Mid-Shore, MD
And the Pride Planning Committee
PFLAG Mid-Shore, MD ◾ 914 Gateway Drive ◾ Chestertown, MD 21620 ◾ email@example.com