Tairangi School Self-Review Policy
National Administration Guideline 2
Each Board of Trustees is also required to:
- Develop a strategic plan which documents how they are giving effect to the Nation Education Guidelines through their policies, plans and programmes, including those for curriculum, assessment and staff professional development.
- Maintain an ongoing programme of self-review in relations to the above policies, plans and programmes, including evaluation of information on student achievement.
- Report to students and their parents on the achievement of individual students, and to the school’s community on the achievement of students as a whole and of groups identified through 1iii) above, including the achievement of Maori students against the plans and targets referred to in 1v) above
Tairangi School will provide a programme of self-review and develop a strategic plan which documents how we give effect to the National Education Guidelines.
To implement processes of self-review that identify strategies for continuous improvement which ensures that quality learning and teaching takes place at Tairangi School.
- “Self-review is the way the Board identifies, assesses and evaluates the effectiveness of the school in meeting the values it has adopted, fulfilling its obligations to the community and providing the education it wants for its students”
Self Review in Schools, National Education Evaluation Reports, No3 1994
- There will be a timetable of review of the National Administration Guidelines that details reporting requirements.
- The goals and targets of the Charter will be included in the review process. The Board of Trustees will ensure that the Mission Statement and Charter are reviewed so that they reflect the views of the community.
- The National Education Goals will be implemented through the Tairangi School Charter and curriculum and management systems.
- The school will detail the implementation of the National Education Goals in management procedures.
The implementation of the National Administration Guidelines and the National Education Goals will be reviewed regularly to monitor the continuous improvement process.
Key Tasks for the NEG and Self-Review portfolio are:
- Document how the National Education Guidelines are being implemented
- Establish and carry out a programme of school self-review, including Charter and Strategic Plan reviews
- Report to the Board of Trustees regarding Nations Education Guidelines and Self-Review
Tairangi School has attempted to meet the requirements of NAG through the following
- National Education Guidelines and Self-Review
- Community Partnership
- Reporting to Parents/Cargivers
- Curriculum implementation
- Community Partnership
- Planning of Classroom Programmes
- School Strategic Plan
- Annual School Management Plan
- Curriculum Procedures – these show implementation of National Education Guidelines
- National Education Guidelines
- Timeline for school Self-Review
- Reports to the Board of Trustees
- Self-Review report documents
File:NAG2SelfReview.doc Self-Review Policy