Thoughtful artists are on a constant journey of growth, seeking to expand their creativity, improve their quality and to push their ability. elite Dance & Theatre is a company full of artists on that journey together.
elite Professional Company Requirements and Standards
- Company Membership is by audition or invitation only.
- elite Company Membership will be considered for those dancers 19 years or older and who are training, instructing and performing in their specific areas (dancing, acting, singing) at a professional level.
- Company Membership is for one season at a time. Members that remove themselves or are dismissed from the company must wait until the new season to request membership.
- Company members will submit their training schedule to the elite Company Director at the beginning of each season and will notify the director of any changes to their schedule. Members are expected to train in a manner that will maintain strength, technique and proficiency at the professional level.
- Company members will submit their show availability to the director at the beginning of each season and will notify the director of any changes to those commitments in a timely manner.
- Company members are expected to show respect for their art form and present themselves as mentors and examples of professional behavior to the elite family and the community.
- Company Members are expected to behave with the highest professionalism: work hard, be on time, be responsible, be respectful, be dependable. Professionalism will be displayed in the studio, in the theatre and on social media.
- elite Dance & Theatre will not allow disruptive attitudes or behavior from company members, apprentices or their families.
Company Expenses, Discounts & Show Compensation
- Professional Company members that commit to and are cast in a show, may “trade out” unlimited classes (during the show rehearsal and performance months) as their compensation/pay for show performances.
- Professional company members that do not commit to a show may continue to take classes at a discounted rate.
- Dance supplies (please see dress codes for Ballet, Jazz, Tap)
- Shows supplies: some shows require additional footwear and costume basics (black dance shorts, body tights, clothing from your closet).
Summer Technique Week
Both the JR CO and elite Company Apprentices will attend a mandatory Summer Technique Week (intensive) in June of each season. 2018 dates are June 25th-29th, 2018. Company members will be asked for teaching hours and are also encouraged to take classes as they can.
Company Shows and Activities
*please refer to website calendar for specific dates
Fall Show - Rehearsals: June-August, shows in September
Holiday Show - Rehearsals: September-November, shows in December
Spring Show - Rehearsals: January-March, shows in April
Show Participation Requirements
- Casting for elite Company Shows (acting, dancing and singing) will be by audition/invitation. All elite Company members will be required to submit an Audition Worksheet before casting deadlines for each show. Consideration is given to work ethic in class and rehearsals along with current skills, ability and availability.
- Members are responsible for being caught up when returning from an excused absence.
- An unexcused absence may result in removal from the cast.
- All run throughs are mandatory. Approval for a missed run-through must be submitted and approved by the director before casting (listed on the Audition Worksheet). Scheduling conflicts given after initial casting will be reviewed by the director for consideration as to whether member will remain in their assigned role(s).
- All dress rehearsals and company tech days at the theatre are mandatory, NO exceptions. If a member cannot be in the theatre all scheduled days, they will be removed from the cast, but will be expected to participate on the production crew in order to maintain their company membership.