Hammonton Green Committee Agenda - October 2017
Monthly Meeting - Hammonton Town Hall
Green Committee Members:
X Jeanette DePiero X Mica McCullough X Amy Menzel X Linda Esposito __ Kerri Patton
__ Sara Verrillo __Courtney Volpe
Friends of the Green Committee & Guests: Victoria Falciani
- Events and Projects:
Sun. Sept. 24, 12-4 pm
Wrap-Up: THANK YOU!!
- Turnout seemed low-- competing with football, large area for crowd to spread out in, other factors?
- All positive feedback so far
- Facebook ads reportedly reached 1,800 people
- Volunteer certificates were sent with Amy & Victoria
- Extra supplies will be stored in the bank building, Linda will hunt down the key
Green Day 2018 Ideas:
Have Green Day table @ shred day/recycling central w/ flyers, offer raffle tickets?
Scavenger hunt/ nature walk/ kayak activity/ tailgating games (cornhole, can jam, Frisbee)
Beer garden w/ solar-powered TV showing football game
Volunteer shirts-- brightly colored, wearing day of, sign-in table, nametags?
Plein air competition
Find someone to hang road banner
Additional face painters
HAC 2 tables for popular craft(s)
Paint Waste Bins for Public Works
- This project will be shelved until a better time. How to ensure painted barrels will be available for HGC use, not just mixed into inventory? Amy will ask Scott.
Eye Opening Film & Lecture
- Any updates for a fall/winter film? Linda suggested piggybacking off of other Sustainable Jersey Hub events.
Adopt a Road Cleanups
- DATE Sat. Oct. 14 at 10:00 am. Please park @ library (rather than Kathedral) All supplies provided.
- Mica will pick up donuts, box of joe
- Bring your own mug!
- Victoria will share with Hammonton High vols & Green Club
Buy Local Program
- Mia Lane Design ? Kerri to follow up
Student Representative & Scholarship Program
- Develop scholarship requirements for 2018 year (Kerri)
Sustainable Jersey/Sustainable Jersey for Schools
- Linda spoke with Chef Lou Caruso at HHS re: unused garden at school, science greenhouse, possibilities to partner as summer maintenance; Atlanticare funding; waste composting; community garden connection
3. Garden Update -
- End-of-Season potluck Oct. 28 at 4:00 pm (rain date Oct. 29), ALL are welcome.
- Amy will harvest donation produce & deliver to food pantries
- Should we encourage planting winter cover crops in plots to fix nitrogen?
4. Open Floor
- Costume Swap- it was decided to donate costumes to Goodwill, rather than trying to get people excited/ participating in the swap.