We hope this letter finds you and your family in good health. Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice and you may have seen this during your visits to our office. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable. We follow infection control recommendations made by the ADA, CDC, OSHA & the Iowa Dental Board. We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued.
You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff.
• Appointment times will be changing so we can build in extra time into our schedule to allow for better social distancing. If you have an upcoming appointment, our office will be contacting you (through text, email or phone) prior to your appointment with your adjusted time.
• Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You’ll be asked those same questions again when you are in the office.
• If you have a dental emergency or need to make an appointment, please be sure to call or message us to make an appointment rather than stopping in the office.
• If you have a mask, we ask that you please wear it to your appointment.
• We ask that unless assistance is necessary, you arrive to your appointment alone to limit the amount of traffic coming in and out of the office.
• Once you arrive, we ask that you call the office from your vehicle to let us know you are here. We will then call/message you back before a staff member greets you at the door.
• We will be taking your temperature prior to your appointment and if you have a temperature, we will reschedule your appointment for a later date.
• We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office. You will also find some in the reception area and other places in the office for you to use as needed.
• You may see that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, children’s toys and so forth, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
• Only the patient will be allowed in the operatories unless he/she needs to be accompanied by a guardian/caretaker.
• We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. To make an appointment, please call our office at 515-576-5786.
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors and friends.
Dr. Nick, Dr. Maria & Rolling Hills Dental Clinic Staff