Requirements: ✔✔✔ all in a cell to ✔ a “Feature”
- Yes: Optimism, excitement, energy, warmth, positive light on past experiences, etc.
- No: Complaining, disparaging old workplaces, negative self-appraisal, “hating” things, etc.
- Clearly curious and eager to keep learning
- Genuinely excited about industry, team, role
- Interested & engaged in world/community
- Self-assurance: Confidence in own value
- Honesty: Doesn’t over/undersell experience
- Humility: Lots to give and lots to learn
- Yes: Plentiful eye contact, active listening, thoughtful questions, smiles!
- No: Acting bored, distracted, uninterested in the interviewer and/or company, no phone!
- Comfortable with some good old “small talk”
- Shows interest in interviewer, asks questions
- Seeks/finds shared interests and experiences
- Convincingly answers “why I’m interested…” in the industry, company, role, etc.
- Ready with thoughtful questions about the interviewer’s experience, the company, etc.
- Worked well in team; has led others
- Overcame a challenge; learned from mistake
- Set and achieved a goal; learned a skill; developed a creative solution; analyzed data
- Explains general context & specific situation
- Describes specific actions & reasoning
- Identifies results/outcomes & lessons learned
- Comfortable talking terms, tools, & trends in search/social marketing; web analytics; media buying/planning; programmatic; excel/data
- Can calmly explain “I don’t know XYZ” as appropriate (“...but I’m excited to learn” etc.)
- Can “walk you through” their resume in a smooth and consistent manner
- Can dive deep into any job or bullet point and share more details, texture, and stories