Hammonton Green Committee Minutes - November, 2018
Monthly Meeting - Hammonton Town Hall

Green Committee Members:

X Jeanette DePiero  X Mica McCullough  X Amy Menzel   X Linda Esposito  
_ Kerri Patton      _ Sara Verrillo   __Courtney Volpe

Friends of the Green Committee & Guests: Dan Bachalis, Barbara Neary, Steve & Barbara Fiedler  

  1. Events and Projects:



Friends Along the Mullica

  • Steve & Barb Fiedler presented their work on the Friends Along the Mullica grant project.
  • Ultimate goals: build relationships with 8 towns along the Mullica River (Hammonton Atlantic City, Absecon, Brigantine, Mullica, Port Republic, Egg Harbor City, Galloway + nonprofit/ govt partners); keep the Mullica one of the cleanest/ best preserved areas in the state.Grant period ends April 2020.
  • GC should use phones/cameras to document water features, dump sites, ORV damage, invasive plants and activities, etc. all over Hammonton and elsewhere along the Mullica. Send these to Steve anytime, scfiedler@gmail.com 
  • Steve shared a video about the Lakes Creek Wetland Mitigation Banking project, and a test video about the environment & history of Clarks Landing.

Downtown Holiday Open House 11/10

  • Mica will take collection box, signage & leftover ornaments from last year to HAC. GC members will make their own recycled ornaments on their own time & supplement HAC supply throughout the season.
  • If possible, GC members can host table at Nov & Dec 3rd Thursdays to sell/make more ornaments.

Upcoming Events

  • January 21st MLK Jr. Day of Service Road Cleanup-- Mica will send to EHT Key Club w/ cap of 5 volunteers
  • February 22 Green Drinks- hosted by Waterford Twp at Racks? Mica will reach out
  • March 22nd EOFLS- topic & location TBD
  • Lake Cleanup will take place sometime in March. Date will be decided by Env. Commission in Dec/Jan.

Sustainable Jersey

  • Compiling “proof” of SJ activities can be done in Google Drive. 
  • Jeanette will get a copy of Cassie’s Small Business Saturday press release
  • Linda will screenshot Facebook posts from Community Garden
  • Mica will scan & submit newspaper articles & other documents
  • Prescription Drug Drop-off  box has been removed-- Mica will get press releases/ media coverage from Lt. Kevin Friel.

Community Garden

  • Winter Garden Talks: Mica will contact Rich Rehmann’s dad re: orchid talk & try to reserve Canoe Club for his talk.
  • Mica will reach out to Lisa Zeuner re: wreath making at Dec. meeting, @ library (Ponderosa Tree Farm offers free boughs)
  • Amy will reach out to Sam Moffa re: rose talk in Feb/March?
  • Mica will ask Ellie for a garden “audit” & will send a reminder email to gardeners who haven’t cleaned up gardens, w/ reminder to utilize cardboard for winterizing (with weights)
  • Mica has started collecting names & payment of returning gardeners for 2019 season
  • Dan will bring mower to Garden for one final mow.