Hammonton Green Committee Minutes - November, 2018
Monthly Meeting - Hammonton Town Hall
Green Committee Members:
X Jeanette DePiero X Mica McCullough X Amy Menzel X Linda Esposito
_ Kerri Patton _ Sara Verrillo __Courtney Volpe
Friends of the Green Committee & Guests: Dan Bachalis, Barbara Neary, Steve & Barbara Fiedler
- Events and Projects:
Friends Along the Mullica
- Steve & Barb Fiedler presented their work on the Friends Along the Mullica grant project.
- Ultimate goals: build relationships with 8 towns along the Mullica River (Hammonton Atlantic City, Absecon, Brigantine, Mullica, Port Republic, Egg Harbor City, Galloway + nonprofit/ govt partners); keep the Mullica one of the cleanest/ best preserved areas in the state.Grant period ends April 2020.
- GC should use phones/cameras to document water features, dump sites, ORV damage, invasive plants and activities, etc. all over Hammonton and elsewhere along the Mullica. Send these to Steve anytime, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Steve shared a video about the Lakes Creek Wetland Mitigation Banking project, and a test video about the environment & history of Clarks Landing.
Downtown Holiday Open House 11/10
- Mica will take collection box, signage & leftover ornaments from last year to HAC. GC members will make their own recycled ornaments on their own time & supplement HAC supply throughout the season.
- If possible, GC members can host table at Nov & Dec 3rd Thursdays to sell/make more ornaments.
- January 21st MLK Jr. Day of Service Road Cleanup-- Mica will send to EHT Key Club w/ cap of 5 volunteers
- February 22 Green Drinks- hosted by Waterford Twp at Racks? Mica will reach out
- March 22nd EOFLS- topic & location TBD
- Lake Cleanup will take place sometime in March. Date will be decided by Env. Commission in Dec/Jan.
- Compiling “proof” of SJ activities can be done in Google Drive.
- Jeanette will get a copy of Cassie’s Small Business Saturday press release
- Linda will screenshot Facebook posts from Community Garden
- Mica will scan & submit newspaper articles & other documents
- Prescription Drug Drop-off box has been removed-- Mica will get press releases/ media coverage from Lt. Kevin Friel.
- Winter Garden Talks: Mica will contact Rich Rehmann’s dad re: orchid talk & try to reserve Canoe Club for his talk.
- Mica will reach out to Lisa Zeuner re: wreath making at Dec. meeting, @ library (Ponderosa Tree Farm offers free boughs)
- Amy will reach out to Sam Moffa re: rose talk in Feb/March?
- Mica will ask Ellie for a garden “audit” & will send a reminder email to gardeners who haven’t cleaned up gardens, w/ reminder to utilize cardboard for winterizing (with weights)
- Mica has started collecting names & payment of returning gardeners for 2019 season
- Dan will bring mower to Garden for one final mow.