Mahameet VHF Net Contest 2020
Vandu Net Amateur Radio Club invites all valid amateur radio callsign license holders to participate in the VHF net contest on VU2LHS repeater. This contest is held with an intent to promote amateur radio activity in general and to encourage all Hams including those who are newly licensed, to participate in all amateur radio nets. Valid callsign license holders even without equipment, are also encouraged to participate from the shack of fellow Hams or through their own Echolink login.
N.B. - All the rules have been formulated with the intent of encouraging everyone one of us. Any of these rules can be altered, removed or supplemented with more rules, by the contest managing committee at any time, if they find it absolutely necessary.
- All are requested to read, understand and abide by these rules in the true spirit with which these were framed.
- The contest is organised and managed by Vandu Net and the decisions taken by the contest managing committee is final.
- The contest is held from 01-January 2020 to 31-January-2020
- The daily timing is from 21:15 IST to 21:30 IST
- The closing time could be extended beyond 21:30 IST till such time there is a reasonably continuous stream of callers or new logins on echolink. The decision rests with the net controller on that day.
- The contest is held on the VU2LHS repeater where the frequency is 145.550 MHz. with standard negative shift of 600 KHz.
- The echolink node name is VU2LHS-R
- If there is a technical failure of the repeater or the VU2LHS-R echolink node on any day, all check-ins on that day will not be accounted for the contest, even though the net may be conducted on simplex. The duration of the contest period will not be extended beyond 31-January-2020 to compensate for any such technical failures.
- Only valid callsign license holders are eligible to participate.
- Two-way contact between the net controller and the participating station is taken as one check-in and points are awarded accordingly.
- Relaying by third party not permitted.
- Contacts over the air and over echolink are accepted
- Only one check-in per station per day will be accounted.
- If a station checks in over the air as well as over echolink on the same day, only the ‘over the air’ contact will be accounted.
- Phone patch or any form of patching to the radio is not permitted.
- Check-in using another ham’s echolink login is not permitted.
- Net controllers are also deemed as a participant for that day in this contest. On other days, they can check in as any other participant.
- Announcement of the award winners will be made in Mahameet Eyeball Meet at Mahabalipuram on 08-February-2020
Rules for awarding points:
- There are three types of points - Air points, Echolink points and Bonus points.
- One air point is awarded for each valid check-in through the air.
- One echolink point is awarded for each valid check-in through echolink.
- One bonus-point is awarded for each on-air check-in by another ham from your shack. (The operating ham will get his air point and you will get your bonus point)
- A ham can earn any number of bonus points per day.
- Bonus point is not given for any check-in by callsign holding family members.
- One air point is awarded for the net controller on that day.
Rules for awards:
- On Air Awards: Air-points and bonus-points are all added up for each person and sorted. If many people share the same points, the selection will be decided by drawing lots.
- Echolink Awards: Echolink-points and bonus-points are all added up for each person and sorted. If many people share the same points, the selection will be decided by drawing lots.
- Mixed Awards: The names of those getting any of the above two awards are excluded and the air-points, echolink-points and bonus-points are all added up for each remaining person and sorted. If many people share the same points, the selection will be decided by drawing lots.
- Dx awards: All stations located more than 100km from the repeater earning 3 air-points or more. Distance is calculated using the maidenhead grid square system. The repeater grid is NK03db.
- Mobile operation not considered for Dx award.
We invite each and everyone of you to actively participate in the contest and also encourage you to invite other hams without VHF equipment, to use your shack for participating in the contest.
73 De Vandu Net