Mitigation and Response Plan
Updated August 10, 2022
Within the CSISD COVID-19 Mitigation and Response Plan, you will find details regarding actions the district is taking to prevent and respond to cases of COVID-19 in College Station ISD. Should circumstances surrounding COVID-19 change, CSISD may need to adjust protocols in response to requirements from the state or to address specific needs and circumstances in order to protect the health and safety of students, employees and the community.
Students or Staff Displaying COVID-19 Symptoms
- Students or staff who have COVID-19 or who are actively displaying symptoms of COVID-19 should not attend school or work
- When a student is displaying symptoms of COVID-19 at school, the school nurse will provide a clinical assessment to determine if and when a student needs to be sent home
- Students who are ill will be separated from their peers and should be picked up within one hour from the time the campus contacted the student’s parent/guardian
- One of the following conditions must be met for students who are sent home due to suspected COVID-19 to return to school:
- Follow the Return to School protocols (below)
- Provide proof of a negative test results for COVID-19 (rapid/home tests are accepted), or
- Provide an alternative diagnosis with a recommendation to return from a licensed physician
- Staff who are actively sick with COVID-19, suspected of being actively sick with COVID-19, or who have received a positive test result for COVID-19 must follow the Return to School protocols (below)
- Local COVID-19 Testing Sites: https://brazoshealth.org/node/104
COVID-19 Positive Return to Work/School Protocols
In the event that a CSISD teacher, staff, or student is lab confirmed positive for COVID-19, they must stay at home throughout the infectious period.
Students or staff who are actively sick with COVID-19, suspected of being actively sick with COVID-19, or who have received a positive test result for COVID-19 may return when:
- If symptomatic, stay home until at least 5 days have passed since symptom onset, and fever free*, and other symptoms have improved, or
- For those with no symptoms, stay home until at least 5 days after the day they tested positive.
*Fever free for 24 hours without the use of fever suppressing medications. Fever is a temperature of 100° Fahrenheit (37.8° Celsius) or higher.
The first day of symptoms or the date of the positive test (if asymptomatic) is day zero for the purpose of calculating the date of reentry.
Staff who are test-confirmed to have COVID-19 are required to report their case to Human Resources (email@example.com) and coordinate leave with their supervisor during isolation.
In accordance with the Texas Education Agency’s Public Health Guidance, notifications related to COVID-19 will be provided as required. If an individual who has been in a school is lab-confirmed to have COVID-19, the district will notify the local health department and the Department of State Health Services, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations, including confidentiality requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).