Mitigation and Response Plan
Updated August 2023
Within the CSISD COVID-19 Mitigation and Response Plan, you will find details regarding actions the district is taking to prevent and respond to cases of COVID-19 in College Station ISD. Should circumstances surrounding COVID-19 change, CSISD may need to adjust protocols in response to requirements from the state or to address specific needs and circumstances in order to protect the health and safety of students, employees and the community.
Students or Staff Displaying COVID-19 Symptoms
- Students or staff who have COVID-19 or who are actively displaying symptoms of COVID-19 should not attend school or work.
- When a student is displaying symptoms of COVID-19 or other illness at school, the school nurse will provide a clinical assessment to determine if and when a student needs to be sent home.
- Students who are ill will be separated from their peers and should be picked up within one hour from the time the campus contacted the student’s parent/guardian.
- The Center for Disease Control (CDC) and Texas Department of State Health Services (DSHS) recommend that individuals with COVID-19 return to work or school 5 days after symptoms appear.
- CSISD no longer tracks or monitors student or employee COVID-19 cases.