Zoom Access for Participants
(Link to this document https://bit.ly/2LiZQoS)
- Go to nyit.zoom.us
- Download the Zoom Client for Meetings App (zoom.us/download)
- Login with SSO using your NYIT credentials
- When you attend a Zoom meeting via the app you have access to more meeting features such a viewing options
- Test your internet connection https://www.speedtest.net/
- Test your Zoom connection at https://zoom.us/test
- Click Join
- Enter meeting ID
Tips for Better Meetings
- See these tips from Zoom: http://bit.ly/2TW1fTW
- When you join the meeting, enter your first and last names as they appear on the class roster.
- Use a computer instead of a mobile device for best experience viewing shared materials.
- Use headphones with a microphone to eliminate background noises.
- Find a quiet space and turn off any devices that might add background noise such as heaters, air conditioners, or radio.
- Use “Gallery View” so you can see everyone easily.
- Mute yourself when you are not speaking. Use the microphone button at the bottom left of the Zoom screen.
- If you are having trouble with your WiFi, turn off your video camera.
During the Meeting
- App Features
- Viewing options: Gallery View (tiles) vs. Presentation View
- When meeting in screen share, optimize tools for enhanced experience by selecting “View Options” then check side-by-side mode, video direction at https://youtu.be/Ii8X3ujNPck.
- Meeting controls are at the bottom of the Zoom window.
New York Institute of Technology | Northern Blvd., P.O. Box 8000, Old Westbury, NY 11568-8000 | nyit.edu