TimePeace iOS Developer
Who are we?
Welcome to TimePeace! We are a not-for-profit startup designed to reshape the way refugees, asylum seekers and locals integrate so that everyone in the community benefits.
We believe that by creating more opportunities for people from different backgrounds to meet, share skills and do activities together, we will build a stronger and more understanding society. We have developed a mobile app that enables people to connect with others in their area; allowing them to message, meetup and exchange skills, conversation or activities.
We are looking for a pro-active, hands-on and committed Mid-Level to Senior iOS app developer to join the TimePeace team for the next 3+ months.
You will be helping lead the charge as we develop more features and functionality into our already awesome app.
TimePeace was founded in March 2017 by Charlotte, Alice and Alexandra. Whilst we have been developing the mobile app to scale the idea, we have been manually connecting people and hosting group events.
So far we have over 1,300 pre-registered users and our partners include Techfugees, UNHCR and Ben & Jerrys. Find out more on our website - www.timepeaceapp.org
About the Role
- 3 month initial part-time contract (2 days a week minimum)
- Salary & time commitment negotiable (if we find the right person we would be happy to offer evening work alongside their main job)
- Reporting directly to Product Manager
- East-London London based
- Developing product with the Product Manager and Co-Founders
- Developing for the transition from private beta to public launch
- Development and maintenance of the app
- Working in a team of developers with shared code / best practises
- Working tirelessly to fix bugs and address support tickets / new feature requests
- Work alongside the Android development team to ensure that app functionality, aesthetic and features are working in tandem / uniform with one another
As an iOS Developer you will:
- Develop, optimise and improve our existing application whilst helping to define the roadmap for future app functionality and development cycles.
- Collaborate with our Product Manager to deliver an exceptional app experience and continue to optimise the performance of the application post-release.
- Develop and produce functional solutions in accordance with architecture design standards and best coding practises.
- Work alongside other developers both in-house and externally to ensure delivery of all requirements and on-time.
- Drive continuous improvements resulting in greater efficiency, quality and productivity.
What we are looking for:
- 2-3+ years commercial B2C iOS development experience (iOS SDK, Xcode & Swift)
- Demonstrable experience of working with standard iOS frameworks, 3rd party libraries and APIs.
- Reactive programming using RxSwift and RxCocoa an advantage.
- An ability to deliver solutions with iOS UI/UX principles in mind.
- Ability to interpret complex UI and Design into functional lightweight code without compromising aesthetic.
- Quality-led approach to development (UI/Unit Testing).
- Working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends and emerging technologies.
- Solid understanding and practical knowledge of the full mobile development and application life-cycle.
- Excellent communication skills across all levels of the organisation and external 3rd parties / suppliers.
Bonus points for:
- Experience working with external hardware as an application dependency.
- Excellent knowledge of web technologies and web services (e.g. HTTPS, JSON, REST)
- Experience in working with websockets.
- Experience working with Digital Ocean Cloud Hosting.
- Experience building complex custom UI.
- Familiarity with Git and the Git Flow process.
- Ability to optimise and extract artwork files from Photoshop / Illustrator
- Work alongside an amazing team who are passionate about improving integration and changing mindsets.
- Flexible and friendly working environment
- London Based office located in Angel
- Evening work available for talented developers already with a full-time job
The Story So Far:
- We have developed an Android and iOS native app.
- Stack: PHP backend using MySQL and Digital Ocean.
- We have launched a BETA application to local users and have a captive audience of 1200+ waiting for our first public release.
- Detail Obsessive
- Get-it-done attitude
- Efficient and Adaptable
- History of delivering 4*+ Applications in to the iTunes Store
- Experience of App launches / Working to tight deadlines
- Fullstack experience covering all stages of application prototyping, build and launch
- 2-3+ years working on iOS applications
- Experience of working with multiple developers / commiting and versioning code
- Portfolio of high quality iOS applications and interfaces
- iPad and wearable experience a bonus
- Social impact companies or charities
- Refugee & migration focussed work
- Familiarity with Swift and Java, PHP, Digital Ocean and MySQL
- Experience with Dating / Marketplace applications an advantage
To apply, we will ask you to answer a few short questions to give us a better sense of who you are and why you are interested in this role. Based on your answers we will select a few individuals to interview.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.