Fundraising Opportunities Explained
- Can You Spare a Dollar: Students have a Can You Spare a Dollar form. They simply carry it around with them and ask friends/family/neighbors/etc., if they can spare a dollar to help them go to camp. The person simply signs a line on the form for every dollar they give your child. When the form is filled up, your child has raised $25 that will go directly to their camp account. Please turn in money as it is collected.
- Sponsors: A sponsor is a friend or family member or business who donates $20 or more to your child’s account. The only rule we have on this fundraiser is that your child is not allowed to go to businesses IN CARLISLE and ask for sponsorships. That being said, students in the past have had a lot of luck asking businesses in surrounding areas, such as Lonoke or Hazen. Turn money in as it is collected. Checks should be made out to CES and include the person’s birthdate.
- Vinyl Decals: This is a year round fundraiser. The vinyl cut-outs cost $8. $5 of this goes directly on your child’s account. This is a great opportunity to raise money. The vinyl cut-outs work on cups/cars/etc.
- Pop Sockets: We have pop sockets in stock at the moment. They are $10, and $8 of that goes directly on your child’s account. You can add a monogram to the pop socket for $3 extra, and $2 of that goes on your child’s account.
- On Your Own: Feel free to fundraise on your own! Several parents and students have already done that this year. Some had a yard sale, some sold pot holders, some had a hot cocoa booth, some had booths at Alumni Day, some are doing raffles, bake sales, etc. There are two craft fairs coming up in Carlisle, which if you are crafty or sell something, would be a good opportunity to raise some camp money. This Friday, November 17, we are having a craft fair here at school. See Alice Page if you are interested in having a booth. On December 2, the annual Carlisle Christmas Festival will be held uptown. I have information on booths for that event. Let me know if you are interested.
REMINDER: We do have limited funds for partial scholarships. If your child needs help, fundraising is a requirement to be considered for a partial scholarship. Please help them start fundraising as soon as possible!