Imagine a Canada:
Social Innovation Project
Each day, you should:
- Set a goal for what you want to accomplish that day (use the calendar for this).
- Assign accountabilities – who is responsible for doing what?
When you complete each item on this checklist, show your teacher your work. Your teacher will give you feedback, and when you have met the objective, your teacher will initial. You are then free to move on to the next item.
- You have researched your SDG and discovered areas of need in Canada related to this goal. You have assembled a list of at least ten facts or statistics related to this goal.
- You have discovered at least three organizations in Canada (in Calgary, if you can) that are currently working on addressing this issue and found out what they are doing to help, and recorded this information.
- You have defined your design challenge. You have a conversation with your teacher about your issue.
- You have completed at least two research methods. You have documented your findings.
- You have 3-5 Insight Statements about your problem that are grounded in your research.
- You have one juicy HMW question to drive your ideation.
- You have brainstormed many different possibilities, including wild ideas. You have built on the ideas of others. You have ideas for different kinds of responses, such as services, products, awareness raising campaigns, etc.
- You negotiated, discussed, and reached consensus on one promising solution to try. The solution is feasible, desirable, and viable.
- You have decided on a prototype to build. You use the tools available to build/create your prototype. It is something tangible that people can interact with.
- You have pre-tested your prototype with another group and have gathered their feedback.
- You have adjusted your prototype based on what you learned from your trial test.
- You have designed a way to get peoples’ feedback at the Social Innovation Gala.
- You have created a formal plan for who and how you will observe people interacting with your prototype and how you will capture these observations.
- After the Social Innovation Gala, your group reflected on your prototype and discussed and recorded the answers to your questions.