OUR COMMITMENT TO PRIVACY
Your privacy is important to us. Futuur ("Futuur", "we" or "us") has prepared this notice to describe our practices regarding the personal information we collect from users of our mobile application or our website located at http://www.Futuur.com (together with the service, activities, data, content and information offered therein, collectively, the "App").
THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Information You Provide to Us
- We may collect personal information from you, such as your name, physical and email address, username and password, and the country, state and address in which you reside, as well as photo and username that you provide for your public profile page ("Profile") when you create an App account.
- When you make a forecast or otherwise conduct activity on the App, or deposit or withdraw funds from your Account, we may collect all information necessary to complete the transaction, including your name, address, phone number, credit or debit card information, billing information and social security number.
- When make a forecast on the App the other forecasters may be able to see the information in your Profile.
- If you provide us feedback, suggestions, make inquiries or contact us via email, we will collect your name and email address, as well as any other content included in the email, in order to send you a reply.
- If you tell us where you are (e.g., by allowing your mobile device to send us your location), we may store and use that information to verify for eligibility to make forecasts and for fraud prevention purposes.
- When you participate in one of our surveys, we may collect additional profile information.
- If you make or propose a bet on the App, we may ask you for your email address and/or home number (to notify you whether you win or not). We may also ask for first and last names, and sometimes post office addresses to verify your identity. In some situations we may need additional information as part of the entry process or any contest we run.
- We may also collect information related to your views and predictions on a number of subjects, and other information you may voluntarily submit to us, including to post messages, upload information, communicate with us or take advantage of promotions, respond to surveys, or subscribe to newsletters or other mailing lists.
- We may also collect information in the App where it is clear we are collecting such information.
We may use any or all of the above information to administer or operate the App, including proposing or administering forecasts on the App, identifying and fixing bugs or otherwise improving the performance of the App, making the App more useful to you or tailoring your experience with us to meet your special interests and expectations, fraud or legal protection, compliance or to improving or developing new features for the App or informing you about any of the same. We may also use this information in order to verify your age, location or other details for compliance or payment processing purposes. This may include, for instance, personal information, the last 4 digits of your social security number, or other identifying details about yourself. This information is used solely for the purpose of legal compliance, fraud detection and compliance with our policies, which may include age or geographic restrictions.
Information Collected via Technology
We may use any or all of the following information to administer or operate the App, including proposing or administering forecasts on the App, identifying and fixing bugs or otherwise improving the performance of the App, making the App more useful to you or tailoring your experience with us to meet your special interests and expectations, fraud or legal protection, compliance or to improving or developing new features for the App or informing you about any of the same.
- Information Collected by the App. Our servers and software automatically track certain information about the visits to the App, including your browser type, operating system, Internet Protocol (IP) address (a number that is automatically assigned to your computer when you use the Internet, which may vary from session to session), domain name, clickstream data, referring/exist pages, and/or a date/time stamp for your visit. If you use the App on your mobile device, we may collect your phone number and unique mobile device identifiers, such as IDFAs, Android Advertising IDs.
- Pixel Tags. In addition, we may use "Pixel Tags" (also referred to as clear Gifs, Web beacons or Web bugs). Pixel tags are tiny graphic images with a unique identifier, similar in function to Cookies that are used to track online movements of web users. In contrast to Cookies, which are stored on a computer’s hard drive or web browser, Pixel Tags are embedded invisibly in web pages. Pixel Tags also allow us to send email messages in a format that users can read, and tell us whether emails have been opened to, in part, to track which emails are opened by specific users and online usage patterns of our Users.
Location Information. We may collect your location information including for the purpose of verifying whether you are eligible to have an account on the App or make forecasts on the App or verify your identity, contact information, location or other information.
Information Collected by Third Parties
- Referral Affiliates. We may enter into agreements with companies that refer users to the App by way of hyperlinks made available on the referring party’s website. We may automatically collect certain information, such as [your IP address, referring website, and your IP address] via the Cookies and Pixel Tags that are provided to us in connection with your use of the referring party’s website. This policy does not apply to, and we are not responsible for, Cookies or Pixel Tags provided by third party Apps.
Information Collected From or About Friends
- Invite a Friend. Our App may enable you to invite your friends to join the App. We will collect the email addresses that you provide in order to facilitate that invitation. We rely upon you to obtain whatever consents from the third party that may be required by law to allow us to access and upload the third party’s names and email addresses as required above. If you are using the App to invite a friend, the App may also collect your phone number which we may use for fraud prevention, user authentication other purposes. You or the third party may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request the removal of this information from our database.
Information Collected from Other Sources
We may supplement the information we have about you with information received from other sources including from our pages on Social Networking Sites, the Social Networking Sites themselves, and from commercially available sources (e.g., data brokers and public databases). The information we receive may include demographic data such as age, gender and income level, your interests and purchase data and other information that is necessary or useful to assist our marketing efforts or for user verification, authentication, fraud detection or to comply with regulatory requirements.
HOW WE USE INFORMATION
General Use. In general, the personal information you submit to us is used either to respond to the requests you make, or to aid us in serving you better. We use your personal information in the following ways:
- to facilitate the creation of and secure your App user Account;
- to identify you as an App user in our system and to otherwise administer and operate the App;
- to improve the quality of experience when you interact with the App, App;
- to send you administrative email notifications, such as security or support and maintenance advisories;
- to deliver customized or personalized content, information or advertising;
- to respond to your inquiries and other requests; and
- to send newsletters, surveys, offers and other promotional materials related to the App or on behalf of third parties and to monitor the effectiveness of our marketing programs.
User Feedback. We may post user feedback on the App from time to time. We will share your feedback with your first name and last initial only. If we choose to post your first and last name along with your feedback, we will obtain your consent prior to posting your name with your feedback. If you make any comments on a blog or forum associated with the App, you should be aware that any personal information you submit there can be read, collected, or used by other users of the forums, and could be used to send you unsolicited messages. We are not responsible for the personally identifiable information you choose to submit in these blogs and forums.
Creation of Anonymous Data. We may create anonymized data (data that is not reasonably associated with or linked to any data that would reasonably be expected to allow someone to identify you or contact you) from personal information by excluding information (such as your name) that makes the data personally identifiable to you. We use this anonymized data to analyze request and usage patterns so that we may enhance the content of the App and improve App navigation. We reserve the right to use anonymized data for any purpose and disclose anonymized data to third parties for any reason.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We disclose your personal information as described below and as described elsewhere in this notice.
- General Uses. Our subsidiaries, affiliated companies, agents, or other businesses or persons that help us provide and operate the App may have authorized access to your information (such as name or email address) for the purpose of processing such information on our behalf. We may share your personal information with third parties for their commercial or marketing use with your consent, or as part of a specific program or feature for which you will have the ability to opt-in or opt-out. We may disclose personally identifiable information in response to your requests for customer service.
- Your Profile Information. Any information you provide on your profile page may be publicly visible. It may include, for instance, your username, the date you became a member, your trading statistics and positions, and (if you’ve uploaded one) your profile picture. When you accept or request a prediction invitation, we may publish your username in connection with it, along with a link to your profile page. Third Parties Designated by You. When you use the App, the personal information you provide will be shared with third parties that you designate to receive such information. For example, you may elect to communicate with other users who are making a forecast about the same forecast Subject as you.
- Third Party Service Providers. We may share your personal information with third party service providers to: provide you the App that we offer you through the App and App; to conduct quality assurance testing; to facilitate the creation of accounts; to provide account authentication and user verification services; to provide technical support; and/or provide other services to Futuur.
- Profiles and Players. When you make a forecast we may make your Profile available to Futuur users who made a forecast about the same or a similar forecast Subject and enable you to communicate with other Futuur users, in which case your communications will be disclosed.
- Friends. We may disclose information about you in connection with our Invite-A-Friend section in the App.
- Leaderboards. We may share information about the Forecast Subjects about which you make a forecast, including information related to your wins and losses record, overall winnings and losses, and other forecasts with our third party service, content and data provider(s). These services are not developed or operated by Futuur and Futuur is not responsible for the service, content and data provided by the providers.
- Futuur Promotions. When you make a forecast, we may use of your name, likeness, voice, opinions, and biographical information for publicity, advertising, trade, or promotional purposes without further payment, consideration, notice, or approval.
- Corporate Restructuring. We may share some or all of your personal information in connection with or during negotiation of any merger, financing, acquisition, corporate divestiture, dissolution transaction, or other proceeding involving the sale, transfer, divestiture or disclosure of all or a portion of our business or assets. In the event of an insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership, your personal information may also be transferred as a business asset.
- Merger, Sale, or Bankruptcy. In the event that Futuur is involved in a merger, acquisition, sale, bankruptcy, insolvency, reorganization, receivership, assignment for the benefit of creditors, or the application of laws or equitable principles affecting creditors' rights generally, or other change of control, we may transfer as an asset your personal asset to the acquiring or successor entity.
- Third Parties. We do not at this time may make the information we have about you available to third parties for their direct marketing use, but we may do so in the future. Please see the section below on your Opt-Out Rights if you would like to opt-out from any such sharing.
- Futuur uses commercially reasonable physical, managerial, and technical safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of your personal information. As no such methods are foolproof, we cannot, however, with certainty ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to Futuur and you do so at your own risk.
INTERACTION WITH THIRD PARTY SITES AND SERVICES
YOUR CHOICES REGARDING YOUR INFORMATION
- Changing or Deleting Your Personal Information. You may change any of your personal information in your Account by editing your "personal information" within your Account or by sending an email to us at the address listed below. You may requested deletion of your personal information by us, and we will use commercially reasonable efforts to honor your request, but please note that we may be required to keep such information and not delete it (or to keep this information for a certain time, in which case we will comply with your deletion request only after we have fulfilled such requirements). When we delete any information, it will be deleted from the active database, but may remain in our archives. We may also retain your information for fraud prevention or similar purposes. You may, of course, decline to submit personal information through Futuur, in which case Futuur may not be able to provide certain services to you.
- Apps. You may stop all collection of information by the App by uninstalling the App. You may use the standard uninstall processes as may be available as part of your mobile device or via the mobile application marketplace or network.
- Targeted Ads. To opt-out of any targeted ads that we may provide through online platforms (such as, to send display ads to our users or others that have expressed interest in the App), you may go to http://www.aboutads.info, and follow the directions provided on that website to “opt out” of most of the companies that provide these types of services. (Opting out will not affect the quantity of ads you see online but likely will cause the ads to be less relevant to you.)
- How You Can Access or Correct Your Information. You can request a copy of the personally-identifiable information that Futuur has collected about you via the App by contacting our Information Privacy team at the e-mail address listed in the "How to Contact Us" section below. You may also request that Futuur correct any factual inaccuracies contained in this information by contacting this same person.
- How We Respond To Do Not Track Signals. Some web browsers may transmit "do not track" signals to the websites and other online services with which your web browser communicates. There is no standard that governs what, if anything, websites should do when they receive these signals. We currently do not take action in response to these signals. If and when a standard is established, we may revise our policy on responding to these signals.
- Your California Privacy Rights. If you reside in California, you may request certain general information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please write to us at email@example.com.
- Opt-Out Rights. If you wish to opt-out of sharing your Personal Information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes, please click here and mark your request "Re: Opt-out."
CHANGES AND UPDATES
HOW TO CONTACT US
If you would like to contact us for any reason regarding our privacy practices, our privacy notice, or if you want to report any security violations to us, please email us at the following address:firstname.lastname@example.org
Last Updated: January 3, 2017