COVID-19 Climbing Policies
At MetroRock, the safety and health of our patrons is our highest priority. Due to the recent coronavirus outbreak, our normal policies regarding climbing procedures have changed. All decisions have been informed by the most up to date protocols and recommendations from local, state, and federal regulatory agencies. Please thoroughly review the following policies.
What climbers should expect:
- All patrons should have an up-to-date waiver on file. Waiver stations will be closed; please fill out a waiver online if needed.
- Any patrons who have exhibited symptoms or have been in contact with someone who has exhibited symptoms within the past 14 days will be asked not to participate.
- Any patrons who have recently traveled outside of the state of Vermont should follow all state guidelines regarding quarantine and/or testing before climbing again: https://accd.vermont.gov/covid-19/restart/cross-state-travel
- Face coverings are not required for individuals who have been vaccinated. Face coverings will be required at all times for unvaccinated individuals. Single use masks can be purchased on site when available. Patrons are encouraged to bring their own reusable ones. We do not allow bandanas, neck gaiters, or scarves as masks.
- Patrons will be expected to routinely wash and/or sanitize their hands in between activities and at multiple times throughout the day.
- Communal rental chalk will not be available for use. Personal chalk bags are allowed. Liquid chalk is preferred.
- Social distancing is still strongly encouraged.
- For contact tracing purposes, climbers must check in and check out with staff at the front desk. This will allow us to better track who is in the gym and when in the event of an exposure.
- It is recommended that climbers only congregate with those that they have had continued contact with during quarantine, such as family members, roommates, etc. Please use your best judgement when deciding who and how many people to climb with.
What can be expected from our staff:
- Staff have undergone state-mandated Covid-19 training
- Any staff members who have exhibited symptoms or have been in contact with someone who has exhibited symptoms within the past 14 days will not be allowed in.
- Any staff who have recently traveled outside of the state of Vermont should follow all state guidelines regarding quarantine and/or testing before coming back to work: https://accd.vermont.gov/covid-19/restart/cross-state-travel
- Staff members will be expected to routinely wash and/or sanitize their hands multiple times throughout the day.
- Staff members will engage in enhanced cleaning and sanitizing procedures, especially those related to common surfaces throughout the facility.
As things progress, all of these policies are potentially subject to change. Zero tolerance will be had for any climbers who routinely refuse to comply, and they may be asked to leave out of concern for the safety of others. We thank you for your cooperation and continued support.