***Sweeps earnings are posted on the Pro Shop bulletin board***
Congratulations to our October 2018 Ringer winners!
Lowest hole-by-hole scores across all 3 courses (net) over a period of 4 months.
Flight 1 Low Net Prize
Acheatel, Janet 61.5 $12.00
Hambrick, Dawn 62 $7.00
Sawtelle, Bobbi 64 $4.00
Flight 2 Low Net Prize
Cassidy, Michele 62 $12.00
Sullins, Stephanie 63 $7.00
Bumpus, Jeanne 64 $2.00
Sutton, Sara 64 $2.00
Flight 3 Low Net Prize
Edwards, Joyce 59 $12.00
Somers, Tina 59.5 $7.00
Zirkle, Bev 66.5 $4.00
Our next Ringer starts in February!
**Golf's New Rules: Major Changes for 2019**
Refer to http://www.usga.org/rules-hub.html for further explanation and videos
It is recommended that you play “ready golf” and make each stroke in no more than 40 seconds.
A new “Maximum Score” form of stroke play is recognized, where your score for a hole is capped at a max.
Ball at Rest
- No penalty for accidentally moving your ball during search
- No penalty for accidentally moving your ball or ball-marker on the putting green
- No penalty for moving loose impediments, touching the ground, or grounding your club in a penalty area
Ball in Motion
- No penalty if your ball in motion is accidentally deflected by you, your equipment, or your caddie
- No penalty if your ball played from the putting green (or anywhere else) hits the unattended flagstick in the hole
- If your club accidentally strikes your ball more than once during a stroke, there will be no penalty and your ball will be played as it lies
- Relief allowed outside a bunker for an unplayable ball for two penalty strokes
- Your relief area for dropping a ball will be a fixed size of either one or two club-lengths using the longest club in your bag
- Your ball must be let go from knee height and fall through the air without touching any part of your body or equipment
- Your ball must come to rest in the relief area where it was dropped, or else it must be redropped
- Your ball is lost if not found in three minutes (rather than the current 5 minutes)
- You may always substitute a ball when taking relief
- Relief allowed without penalty for an embedded ball anywhere (except in sand) in the “general area” (a new term for “through the green”)
- In taking lateral relief, you will drop within two club-lengths of where your ball entered the penalty area.
- Relief from a red penalty area no longer allowed on the opposite side from where the ball last entered the penalty area