R. L. Stevenson Primary
2021 - 2022
At R. L. Stevenson Primary, we believe that when students, parents, teachers and administrators work together, our students reach the highest level of success. Thank you for becoming partners with us in your child’s education.
Responsibilities of Parents and Family
- Make sure my child attends school regularly and arrives at school on-time prepared to learn.
- Make sure my child has a nutritious breakfast (at home or school) and is well-rested.
- Stay informed about my child’s progress and school happenings by checking my child’s daily folder, attending parent conferences/meetings and monitoring my child’s grades on Skyward.
- Know the skills that my child is learning by monitoring and assisting with homework and ensuring that my child reads daily for 15-20 minutes.
- Teach my child to wash hands thoroughly to prevent spread of germs.
Responsibilities of Teachers and Administrators
- Provide a safe and caring environment.
- Encourage frequent hand washing, sneezing/coughing in elbow to prevent spread of germs.
- Communicate with families using a variety of methods.
- Inform students and parents of learning and behavioral expectations.
- In an effort to involve families, we will offer conferences, activities and opportunities to volunteer.
- Provide quality instruction to meet the state’s academic achievement standards and to challenge your child to build upon strengths and improve weaknesses.
- Participate in continuing professional development in order to provide our students with the best education possible.
Responsibilities of the Student
- Come to school on time with all necessary materials and ready to learn.
- Listen and always do my best work.
- Make responsible choices and have good behavior so that my learning and the learning of others is not interrupted.
- Show respect for myself, my school and others.
- Care for the safety of myself and my friends by washing my hands often.
- Have my parent read and sign my school-to-home folder and correspondence.