Announcements Friday 3/13/2020
Today, Friday March 13 is the last day to sign up for the April ACT!
SPAGHETTI DINNER FUNDRAISER FOR ROWDY’S HOUSE!
Tonight from 5:00-7:00, there will be a spaghetti dinner fundraiser for Rowdy’s House at the Peace Lutheran Church behind Casey’s Store/Gas Station. Try to go and support this worthy cause that benefits Highland students!
ALL STUDENTS GRADES 9-12 - complete the form that is attached to the SSP Google Classroom announcement posted yesterday March 10. Please do this as soon as possible.
PROM SIGN UP
o Starting TODAY the Prom sign-up sheets & Prom t-shirt order form will be in Mrs. McIntosh’s Room #26 (art room). Deadline to sign up is TODAY Friday, March 13th
- The Boyd and Maxine Carpenter scholarship can be found online. This scholarship is renewable up to four years. To qualify, students must maintain a 2.5 GPA on a 4-point scale, or equivalent. Applications are due by April 1st.
- Those of you who will be attending UCA this fall, there is a cool opportunity available this summer for incoming college freshman! Go to this site to learn more: https://uca.edu/studentsuccess/summer-start/
- There will be a SCHOLARSHIP WORKSHOP this coming Tuesday March 17 in the High School Library during SSP. Mrs. Kelly Mahaffey and Mrs. Misti Carter will be available from 11:15 - 12:35 to help seniors find and complete scholarship applications.
- Do NOT decorate your graduation cap. This is a formal ceremony and caps are not to be decorated.
- Attention Seniors : any senior who has played a sport this year -- come to the office to fill out a Senior Plaque form for the Sports Banquet.
- You must have a cap & gown for graduation. If you need one and have not ordered please see Mrs. Vicki
- All Jrs who have sold their Sonic and Rebel Cards and Rebel Cups will receive a FREE Prom t-shirt. Come by Nurse Nancy’s office to order.
- All Sonic Cards/Money and Rebel Cards/Money must be turned in before Spring Break and before you can go to Prom. See Mrs. Mac to turn those in.
o ALL Beta Club members are expected to attend a meeting before school on Friday, March 13.
- YOUNG VOTER’S WORKSHOP - This event has been cancelled.
- SPORTS PHYSICALS - If you plan on playing any sport or being in the marching band next year, please make sure you attend the FREE physical session at school on Wednesday April 1st. This will take place on campus during school hours. Please go to your SSP Google Classroom and find the announcement titled PHYSICALS to get information on filling out required forms.
- LYON COLLEGE ACADEMIC COMPETITION
o Lyon College Academic Day has been cancelled.
o FBLA will be hosting the Miss Highland Rebel pageant on Saturday, March 14. Any female interested in entering the pageant should see Mrs. Farris for a registration form. Forms need to be turned in by March 11.
o Lose it for Music has been moved to April 9. If you are interested in competing please see Ms. AK ASAP.
o SENIOR ADS- If you want to purchase a senior ad for the yearbook please go to www.jostensadservice.com to create your ad for the yearbook. The deadline for senior ads is April 1.
o There will be a brief poetry club meeting during grab and go on Wednesday, March 18th concerning Open Mic Poetry Night.